Author Topic: Looking for CDI  (Read 4031 times)

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
Looking for CDI
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:21:09 AM »
anyone know of a good Aftermarket CDI unit to get for my Kymco ZX50? Im done buying the stock ones!

So far the only real thing i have found is a site called Scooter assassins.

Thanks

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Looking for CDI
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:14:55 AM »
Zombie has resorted to getting them custom programmed from the manufacturer.  They are actually cheaper than the oem one for the exact same thing.  Suitai is the company that manufactures the cdi's for Kymco.  You can contact them directly and get one custom programed or just use the factory spec minus the rev limiter.  Zombie has more info on it if you'd like.

http://www.motorcycle-components.com/

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »
The cdi that scooter assassins sells is the Suitai! BUT Suitai will sell it to you for $39.99 + shipping. Use the contact us tab at the top of the screen. I think her name is Debbie. (contact). My bad Debbie is the girl from the regulator Manuf. Dung Tsu is the fella from Suitai! It will take a phone call to get it straight, as a lot gets lost in translation on the Email. 90 day warranty on top of the price! Mine burnt out every 3 months or so(de-restricted). I have had this one for approx 6 months? Still good Bro
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »
man you guys are awesome. thanks a million!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »
Pass it along Jax. I bought a Greg Noll Board 3-4 years ago on Jax Bch. Fl. I will always remember my broken vertebra on Vilanno Bch.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 04:41:28 AM »
and as far as it being a good CDI? does it increase power besides the derestriction. what would you pros recommend?   love me some v-land!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 05:01:01 AM »
You Kno The V>  Dude I am Vilanno Zombie! Broke neck beach in da house!!!! When I was there I ran w/ Crack head Kevin, Fat Mike, Cory, and Crystal. Oh yeah  can' forget Minni Me (aka Noodles) Vilanno Crab Shack was the BOMB! Now I think it is all a Parking lot for the dumb a$$ hotels. Well anyway the cdi won't add power. It wil allow the power that is there to run. Just a guess but if the restricted version has 5-7 Hp? You can only use 3-5 of it. I know the anology is wrong but you will get to use everything the engine is producing once you de-restrict. Trust me on this one Bro! Get your next cdi from Suitai. Otherwise I think you could Find me thru Giggles (aka Kelly)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 05:08:17 AM »
If you go with the factory timing curve it will be exactly the same as stock minus the rev limiter.  However, it will not be prone to burning itself up like the stock de-restricted one.  Even if you get a custom programmed one, I doubt it will increase performance unless you have a "race" setup where you have it programmed to match.  I think Zombie had his custom programmed a little different than stock.  I'm pretty sure he posted the programing under my "How fast should my ZX50 go after mods" thread.  I do know that his has achieved about 10 mph faster top speed than mine with a similar set-up.  I'm not sure if that can be attributed to the cdi though.  I'm still running the stock de-resticted cdi.  I haven't had any problem with it so I haven't replaced it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 06:06:12 AM »
Lucky Bugger! I was almost buying them by the 6 pack

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »
alright so i went on the website. i don't see a place to order them. do i have to do it through contact? do you have the phone number ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:53:33 PM by jaxbeachjohn »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »
Just use the contact us tab. It will open a window with their phone #'s. They have an English speaking secretary that answers. Just tell her you are looking for a custom cdi for your Kymco, and she will Transfer you to Dung. They are not a retail outlet but the Manuf. that Kymco gets the cdi from. Do you have or intend to have any mods on the engine?

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
no mods. just wanna get a cdi. im looking at the site right now and under "contact us" i dont see any numbers that work. i tried a couple that were their and they didn't work. am i being retarded?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Let me give it a shot, and get right back to you.

jaxbeachjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
finally got it to work!!!your not supposed to dial the 0 in front of the 2. hah thanks zombie

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
Ok http://www.motorcycle-components.com/image/taiwan_chinaoffice.jpg those are the #'s The contact us now goes to Email. You will need to dial 0 then the #. when the operator comes on tell her you are placing an international call. Also check the time zone maps as it may be 3:00 am Saturday there

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()