Author Topic: no lights what so ever  (Read 2179 times)

sthomas904

• View Profile
no lights what so ever
« on: September 24, 2009, 01:16:18 AM »
no lights, speed gauge works, but not the gas any thoughts?

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: no lights what so ever
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 01:57:03 AM »
Check the voltage regulator.  The speed gauge is mechanical, so it doesn't require power.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »
...when you say, "No Lights".. do you mean no headlight or tail light also?

..I ask because you referenced the console...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 02:30:26 AM »
Also check the GREEN ground wire  (should be main mounted near the starter) You should see 0 volts. If you see 12v there is a break in the ground. Check before, and after the lite switch for 12 volts, If 0v then the regulator. If you still can't get it I will ohm out a good stator and give you the resistance values.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »
Also check the GREEN ground wire  (should be main mounted near the starter) You should see 0 volts. If you see 12v there is a break in the ground. Check before, and after the lite switch for 12 volts, If 0v then the regulator. If you still can't get it I will ohm out a good stator and give you the resistance values.

...you're reading my mind zombie...

:o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:36:50 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sthomas904

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
well the gas gauge works now.. but the headlights,brake,turn doesn't, i checked the voltage regulator and checked for voltage going to it, but i could find any voltage going to it, ill check the ground and i am going to borrow a multimeter from my neighbor and see if i get different results

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »
the regulator has AC voltage so you will not see it w/ a test light or a dc volt meter. Try an ac range starting at 800vac, this is on the input side. the output will be 12-14vdc If the fuel gauge is working, still sounds like a bad ground. You should have 3 wires coming off the stator (2 solid color, and 1 w/ a stripe) check across the striped wire to either solid color. On a 10x scale you will see 5ohm on both. Across the solid you will see 0ohm (short) The striped wire will also show 5ohm to ground. I put this in only to further trouble shoot if the first tests pass! Cuold be a bad stator, but I still suspect the ground or the lite switch first.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()