Author Topic: Sento 50  (Read 2606 times)

OldGuy

• View Profile
Sento 50
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »
Saw the Sento at the dealership the other day. Not bad, nice dash layout, but a little short on foot room.

http://www.strmotorsports.com/showroom/scooters/sento50/index.html

The one I saw was pink. Maybe the target market is female?
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sento 50
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Yeah, it's a good looking scooter.  I'm sure there is a lot of ladies that will check it out.  It would look good in jet black I bet.

kawzak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:21:09 AM »
Just a question-do all the 50cc scooters for the american market (either 2 or 4 stroke ) come in a restricted (30 mph top speed) condition  like they do in europe? And if so why? Thanks for the reply

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »
Well, yes and no. Of course I haven't tried all 50 cc scooters, but most are restricted in some way to a nominal 30 mph. The reason here in the US is that legally many states treat >50 cc scooters that travel at a speed less than 30 as a moped and the laws are more lax. Hence the reason that most 50 cc scooters are actually 49 cc's.

The state of North Carolina is one place where the law is really different since they do not treat a "moped" as a motor vehicle. No title, insurance or drivers license is required to operate one. Got a DWI? Lost your drivers license? Get a 50 cc scooter.

As for Europe, I do not know for a fact, but I suspicion that the reason is the same. ::)
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()