Author Topic: Using it for intended use?  (Read 3183 times)

sarny3

• View Profile
Using it for intended use?
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:05:41 AM »
Im going to look at GV 250 as well as the Xciting tomorrow morning and i'm looking at them to ride around with the girlfriend on the back.  I plan on using it on the freeway and commuting 60+ miles round trip each day.  Is this the intended use for the GV 250 or should I be looking bigger.  I'm not interested in motor cycles.  Probably wouldnyt be doing the commute everday on it but often enough.  Please help!

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: Using it for intended use?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:19:46 AM »
I know others will disagree with me, but it should be fine. Before retirement I used to ride a 50 cc Honda Elite 40 miles a day to and from work. Admittedly no freeways, but one stretch  was a 50 mph road.

I always found the ride to be the best part of my day. :)
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:13:45 AM »
That far on interstates, every day?  Naw. You want 400cc+.

250cc will vibrate the crap out of your throttle hand at those speeds/distance.

sarny3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:50:40 AM »
So I went and looked at the GV 250 (red) and the People S 250 (black) today and cant seem to make up my mind as to which one is a better scooter.  I like the idea that the GV has the passenger backrest, but I like that the People S has bigger tires on it.  The guages on the GV seem to be nicer being digital versus the analog.  Seat seemed nicer on the GV.   Can someone please talk me into which one is the one and give me some insight as to why some of these things I have pointed out matter or dont matter.  23 yrs old 5ft 9in 160lbs (not sure if that helps decide which one would work better).  I realize that ultimately it is my decision but I like others info since im new to scooters.

HIGA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »
Hi from Italy ! I got my Xciting300i "R" almost two months ago. Mostly commuting for about 50 miles p/day r/trip. Great fun, safe and fast.
Speeding 100 kph average, a full tank (about 11 lt) for 270 km (aprox).
Top speed 150 kmh (speedometer).
Think about it !

Tubacscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
sarnys
For me I find the GV a much more comfortable bike the people.  I started out on a P150 and rode it for 10,000 miles before I traded up.  I do not find the smaller tires a problem on the GV even on the interstate.  This is a very stable scooter.  The seat is more comfortable, and I like the handlebars better than the People.  The folding mirrors may seem like a gimick.  I haual the scooter on the back of our motorhome and this is a real plus.  The mirrors on the GV take a little getting used to.  Of the two I much prefer the GV over the People.
Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()