Author Topic: GV on the Interstate...  (Read 7239 times)

fmath1937

• View Profile
Re: GV on the Interstate...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
Been driving my new GV for a couple of months now and at 55-60 it is quite stable even in the wind.
I dont get on the interstate as there are so many rough parts of it such as holes, big cracks, etc and those little wheels just take a beating.  I had a Exciting 500 and it was much better on the interstate but even then you sure have to be careful.  I sold the 500 as my legs are just not long enough and balancing on tip toe is a real challange when stopped.  Im looking at a Burgman and the seat is lower by about two inches and that is a lot better to handle then the 500. 

michiman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »
Thanks for the replys...  I am ready to hit the slab...   If tomorrow morning is nice...  I will put a few miles on 71 south of Columbus.

supralapsarian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 12:16:16 AM »
I'm new to this forum - but I too am thinking about a GV250 for commuting during rush hour. I will be riding in the Dallas area (if that tells you anything) and some places the traffic runs at 80mph (on I-20) and some its more like 8 (I-35 though occasionally you can go 65). Never ridden a scoot to work before (25 miles one way) so I'm not sure what to expect. I would prefer to avoid buying the wrong machine and discovering my mistake on my first commute. BTW, I can avoid the 80mph leg by taking a smaller road but I-35 is unavoidable.

michiman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »
OK...  I have put about 50 miles of freeway on my GV...   No vibrations at all, plenty of speed to keep up with 65 mph traffic.  Maybe I am getting paranoid in my old age, but I feel awfully small out on the super slab.  Even though I used to ride a Rebel all the time back when I was much younger.  But this machine is definately built to handle this ride. 

I will not commute until I have 1000 miles on the GV.  I may be over cautious, just want to make sure I know the machine as much as possible.

My longest ride so far has been about 20 miles round trip.  I really do like to ride, just lack the time to do it...  I coach baseball in the summer and football in the fall.  So my time really is short.

But, back to my point...  The GV is a fine interstate machine...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()