Author Topic: 1000 Mile Report LIKE 200i LX  (Read 2258 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
1000 Mile Report LIKE 200i LX
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
Hit 1000 miles early this morning!

To date: 5 changes of oils, 2 plug changes - back to stock NGK, installed Michelin City Grips( NO rain issues, thanks Vivo~!) , valves adjusted, 2 long-neck Italian-made mirrors installed for perfect viewing (I'm a big guy), LED front running lights installed (better front and side visibility of me to others), Nathan LED safety strobe for rear in the rains, rear shock extenders coming from Australia (to get scooter levelled like a 150lb guy).

Dr Pulley sliders here (18/14/13gr) but undecided about using while under warranty (for 22 more mos~!)
Scooter never seen 40MPH yet.
Using Valvoline for break-in (Amsoil scooter specific synthetic still in the case - soon eh?)
Using a nice Prima cover, good fit.
Security with BULLY alarmed/remote U-Lock; bright yellow GripLock for quick store trips. BULLY locks should have been bright not black!
Riding with yellow Icon gloves, always!
HJC flip-up full face helmet, always.
Bright lime/yellow Hi-Viz Frogg jacket, always.
Bright lime/yellow Hi-Viz armored mesh jacket coming.
BP 93 octane, always. @85MPG.
Using no oil, checked before every ride.
Signed up for 2 day safety riding class next month.

COMMENTS :
1) Absolutely NO issues for these 1000 miles. (still carrying 20 lbs of tools and spare parts under the seat - will take them out soon. NEVER carried anything with my Hondas, except Moon Pies. It looks like those reviews about KYMCO quality were true.)

2) Correct air pressure in tires makes a big difference in ride quality (25 front, 30 rear for me)

3) Absolutely convinced the Hi-Viz jacket is working! Wear Hi-Viz stuff folks!  Hi-Viz works! (forget about your vanity & fav colors, etc. Use that when you pick your scooter color.)

Having a blast, though getting little sleep in the Mid West!
OK, I have not put the Dr Pulley sliders in yet, but last night I did put on the neat decal that came with them - gives the LIKE a whole new look!
(cannot figure out where to store my emergency Moon Pies though....)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:25:46 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Mile Report LIKE 200i LX
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
1000 Miles with no issues!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:15 AM »
Glad to hear Stig.  Nice going and thanks for the update.  Be safe.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 03:57:20 AM »
Hey Stig,

Nice review. Like you I have had no issues except for two OEM batteries. I just turned 3,400 miles on the scoot. I am impressed with Kymco's build quality.

I am curious why 5 oil changes in the first 1,000 miles?  The initial change is the most critical. The second change should have pretty much removed the last of the worst of the break-in fragments. While nothing to worry about at this point, you should be aware that each time you tighten the oil drain bolt you are placing stress on the case threads.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 05:45:56 AM »
I'm at almost 1400 miles with no issues. Not even a loose bolt or screw. The one and only tiny thing that has happened is the weather stripping at the top edge of he glovebox came loose. I had a glue stick, so I smeared that on the weather stripping and pushed it back in its groove and it's held ever since.
This is a fantastic scooter. At this price to get fuel injection, disk brakes fron and rear, and a 163cc motor with this good of quality is a bargain.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
I'm at almost 1400 miles with no issues. Not even a loose bolt or screw. The one and only tiny thing that has happened is the weather stripping at the top edge of he glovebox came loose. I had a glue stick, so I smeared that on the weather stripping and pushed it back in its groove and it's held ever since.
This is a fantastic scooter. At this price to get fuel injection, disk brakes fron and rear, and a 163cc motor with this good of quality is a bargain.

Well said tclhb.  I couldn't agree more about the Like.  Another local shop sells Piaggio and Vespas, and I have spent many hours going over their models.  For the additional 1-2 thousand dollars, I really have a  hard time justifying the Vespa 150.  Great scooter, very high quality, but...is it really worth it when compared directly to what you get with the Kymco?  Thank the scooter Gods for having the Like come over to the USA when it did.  Always good to hear about other good experiences with the Kymco products in general.  Obviously it's all about preference and each person's feelings.  And the fact that this other shop sells out of Vespas has to say some thing. But for me (and us here on the Forum) the choice is clear. 

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »

Be sure to check the two mounting bolts that hold the air cleaner box to the frame. I had the rear most bolt come off. New bolt and drop of Loctite blue and no issue for the last 2,000 miles.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Just went out in the garage and checked TroutBum. Those are tight too. 1460 miles now. Went to Disneyland this morning. They have good motorcycle parking there. : )

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 06:38:56 AM »
Love Disneyland. Was there with the kids back in April. Love the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.  :P

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »
I'm a regular there TroutBum. I make good use of my annual pass. Pirate's has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()