Author Topic: $6 cup holder on my 200i [with Pix]  (Read 2086 times)

Captain Nemo

• View Profile
$6 cup holder on my 200i [with Pix]
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
So RAM Mounts has their $40 Self-Leveling Cup Holder which is cool and all, but c'mon, $40? So got THE MUGGER Folding Cup Holder (odd name!) off of amazon & decided to mount it on my 200i over the VIN access panel.

The plastic is really think & feels durable. As long as you have a lid of some sorts, you should be fine. You can see the condensation that accumulated & dripped down on the last image.

Interestingly enough, I took these last Friday (6/7/13) because Starbucks was offering $1 Grande Iced drink when you liked them on Facebook & this is the image they had on their page :)

Thoughts? 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: $6 cup holder on my 200i [with Pix]
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
My reply to $6 cupholder, with my pix

OK, I'm going to risk asking a dumb question here:
A cup holder on a scooter.
I respectfully ask - Which hand do you figure is unneccessary for control of your scooter?
Or will you be routing a 4 ft flex hose for hands free drinking like an F1 driver?
If you will only be drinking when parked, I have found that even a large Tim Horton coffee will ride nicely in the rear top case....ask for one of their pasteboard carriers.
We've had 2 scooter riders hit in these parts recently - and I generally find I'm pretty busy checking traffic, trying to launch with no delays so the car behind doesn't hit me at a light, etc.,etc. to be fooling with a drink will moving or trying to hit the holder when the light changes.
Just my pair of centimes..........
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Captain Nemo

• View Profile
Re: $6 cup holder on my 200i [with Pix]
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:39:17 PM »
LOL. I love the 4' hose idea... with some kind of helmet attachment. No, this is not for cruising & drinking at the same time.
What happens when you go to lunch with your buddy & you refill your cup as you head out the door? If you don't have a trunk, or one of those cardboard carriers, or your trunk is already full... you'll have to throw the cup away I guess.
I was early to work one morning so I stopped to get a biscuit & coffee. As I walked out the door & was trying to figure out where I was going to put the coffee. I was a small cup & only half full so I put it in the storage area in the steering column. It splashed out a little & I had to clean it up.

That particular Friday day I stopped & got the drink for my wife. I had a sip at a stop light, but as you can see, 90% of the beverage made it home.  ;D

Today I stopped at 7-11 & got a vitamin water. I didn't drink it between the store & my office, but at least I had a place to keep it until I got back to work.

But I think your point is this: Safety first... & that, my friend, is a very good point indeed.

On a side note, this is what I got when I Googled  "Tim Horton c" by accident: 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:45:53 PM by Captain Nemo »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()