Author Topic: LIKE200i major CVT service, new belt & rollers DIY  (Read 3643 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE200i major CVT service, new belt & rollers DIY
« on: October 02, 2019, 01:26:53 AM »
Rather than pages of written instructions....I do better with pictures.

Here's a basic look at what you'll see when working specifically on the CVT of a LIKE200i, all years.
Please view some youtubes to understand better how a belt gets installed, rollers get placed, what parts are lubed and which aren't, where to look for signs of wear - especially in the belt, the torque specs for the bolts, etc., etc.. Feel free to ask questions here.

Tools I used

First the slim side panel must come off. A screw at the front and some screws and a bolt at the rear. Use a #3 phillips for the big chrome screws. Then the panel slides to the rear and then pulls straight out.

Then remove two screws holding the airfilter in place. Lift and tie it out of the way if possible.

]

Remove the eight 8mm bolts holding the belt cover in place. If it is stuck, tap with a rubber or wooden mallet, or come at the pry point through the wheel spokes from the muffler side. Be a gentle as possible! But it is often stuck pretty well. That is the forward pry tab just to the R of the arrow head.

I cleaned the old gasket material from the cover, and finished with some sandpaper. Use a soft paint brush to clean ALL of the blackish dust from inside the belt cover!

Left loosie! Using $12 holding tool from ebay.

Some owners lightly sand the surface of the clutch pads. Most clean the inside of the clutch bell. If your CVT is operating smoothly - you might just leave well enough alone.

8 bolts hold the belt cover on, and 2 screws for the airlifter, then slip the side panel on and fasten screws and bolt.

I need a coffee....I'll edit this tommorow.

Stig

*hopefully I won't lose all this again if another photo hoster dies!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 03:22:14 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco LIKE200i belt clutch & Dr Pulley DIY
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:13:12 AM »
Again, your documentation is awesome. Does the like 200 not have sufficient room to slip the belt over the clutch and then the drive pulley? I have never pulled my clutch and probably should at some point to clean it out.
Become the best you can with what you have.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:43:00 PM »
Again, your documentation is awesome. Does the like 200 not have sufficient room to slip the belt over the clutch and then the drive pulley? I have never pulled my clutch and probably should at some point to clean it out.
Don't know that I've ever tried - while I'm in there I always want to clean out everything and look at seals, buff the pads, etc.
Major Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
I get the feeling with your maintenance that scoot will last a long while.
Become the best you can with what you have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()