Author Topic: 1st Wash, Italian Shammy & Rep. Beams  (Read 1246 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
1st Wash, Italian Shammy & Rep. Beams
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »
As recommended here, I bought a bottle of S100 (German made cycle cleaner) and gave the LIKE its first real wash in 6 months and 3300 miles. Always wiped/dried it off - but never a wash, proper.

As directed, the scoot was cold. Sprayed it on from the pump bottle (you must supply your own pump), let it work and sprayed it off with moderate stream only from the hose. It seemd to get things clean. Used it on the wheels, body panels (not into panel openings), behind front fender, lower engine bits, inner fenders, shocks, etc. with good results.

Now I will wax it with a packet of Wax Shop Super Glaze** (bought several doz. on eBay) I love this stuff.....easy on/off, leaves no powdery residue, use in sun, safe on rubber and plastic, Carnauba, smells good and feels silky.
Defunct product now.

But first I took it for an "Italian Shammy" ~!
(=go fast, blow most of the water off)

**And, if you wax your helmet with this stuff, those Republican Tractor Beams will slide right off.....I know, because while riding in a very heavy fog, in the dark, yesterday morning, I turned on my high beams and suddenly I saw their Tractor Beam come down to get me!.
I quickly applied some CounterSteering - which of course resulted in the expected 'high-side dismount', tossing me straight into the shrubbery along-side the road. Quietly, I made my escape while they were messing with my scoot. Wax Shop wax and paying careful attention to the CounterSteering Massacre dialogue here, is all that saved my bacon!
So, Ride Safe & Wax Your Helmet ~!
Stig
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:48:59 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

cochi

• View Profile
Re: 1st Wash, Italian Shammy & Rep. Beams
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
Stig, she looks great!! It's sooooo shiny, she'll probably just slip through the air and counter steer much better!! Might even pick 10-15 mph on your top end. All kidding aside, that is one good looking scoot!! cochi ;D     

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: 1st Wash, Italian Shammy & Rep. Beams
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:58 AM »
Be careful Stig, with your scoot soooo slippery... you might add 5mph at top speed...  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()