Author Topic: In order to start remove the spark plug?!  (Read 3947 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: In order to start remove the spark plug?!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
You only need 44800-kfa6, the speedometer drive gear. They rust and go bad. Or it is possible the shop screwed it up.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
I agree that drive assembly is most likely the cause. Take a look at the drive plate. See if it has the "tang" still attached. There should be a 1/4" square tab at a 90degree angle OR a pair of 90degree edges that fit into the gear assem.

If it was not aligned correctly at some point it is very likely the drive was broken, and then re aligned so it would all fit together.

Either way you are on the right track. There is nothing else left...
Once you get this sorted, hang around. We do a lot more than fix scooters here. We're also planning on overthrowing both the Fed Reserve, and the Illuminati. It should prove interesting...

Happy Holidays !!!

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
Thank you buddies!  :) Holidays were amazing and I even went on one long trip on my scoot because it was quite warm and without snow - but just for one day. Hope you had a great time too! Now I'm back in the big city where I work and live most of the time and some time will pass before I will ride my Kymco again (which I left in the mountains at my family home). I will order that part for speedo which you pointed out soon and next time when I will have the opportunity to ride again I will fix this once and for all. And of course I will let you know about that  :D

I will definitely stick around because it's a cool place and I can learn a lot from here. My knowledge is rather small, I'm still a newbie but I'm willing to learn because I like to understand how things work. Soon I will look for topics about the front brakes because I'm thinking that my brake pads might need changing.

Once again thanks for your help! And here's a pic of my People S 2T resting on the top of one of my  favorite tracks  8)

Kymco People S 50 2T 2008
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi torsion controller 2512828
Malossi rollers 7g
Michelin City Grip front + Heidenau K66 rear

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »
You got a great bike, not very many S50 2t sold in the US. Most of those I've seen have been 4t!!! Great road BTW!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
Look up Malossi pads for the front. Even if yours are still good. It's a night, and day swap, and they last forever. I haven't ridden my 2t in about a year but the Malossi's look like brand new after 5 years of 60 -70 mph daily driving (maybe 50mph average daily but its been over 80mph)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 10:06:28 AM »
Actually I'm not from US, I live in Poland  :D But here People S 2T is also a rare thing. I'm glad to have one!

Hah zombie you anticipated my question  ;) I posted in another thread and was about to ask you guys which pads are worth buying later. I will definitely look up Malossi!
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
Poland, Portland, same thing haha

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 08:14:10 AM »
Poland, Portland, same thing haha

Haha I wish it was true  :D
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »
What's the difference between Polish women, and a bowling ball?

If you try hard enough... you can eat the bowling ball.

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
Haha I never heard this one before  ;D
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
I married a Polish girl years ago. Wolodkowicz. Her mother was one of the concentration camp survivors as a child.
She's the one that told me that joke.

What a world we have here... :-\

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »
Wow I'm surprised! It's a small world... She must have been lucky (and strong) to survive. Half of my family died in WW2, some in the camps, some on the battlefield   :'(
You don't speak Polish, do you?  :D
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
All I remember is Dieme Bougia, and Hutch to eachta dupa.

I'm sure I could remember more if I heard it.

The only picture of her as a child (the mom) was taken as they were being liberated at the end of the war. You all know the skin, and bones pictures... This child was pure bone. She was 9 or 10 at the time but she remembers all of it. Every member of her family... gone.  For no reason at all.

That was a long time ago but I understand, and feel deeply for your losses.
 I wonder if I could zombify any of those Nazi F'er's from back then? Just so I could kill them hundreds of times over.
 I need to find a Haitian!

gosku

• Start me up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 08:00:28 AM »
Haha the only word that I understood is dupa. It seems that you know more polish words than I do  :P

Oh yes I know those pictures.. I visited one of the concentration camps a few years ago, the most famous one - Auschwitz-Birkenau. Oh man, what expositions they have there, for example a badass big pile of human hair shaved off the people that were sent there... It was a good lesson of history.

That was a long time ago but I understand, and feel deeply for your losses.
 I wonder if I could zombify any of those Nazi F'er's from back then? Just so I could kill them hundreds of times over.

Thanks! I'm too young to remember those times but they surely had an impact on the future of my family. I could have more cousins now and this forum could have more Kymco riders  ;D

Did you see the movie about Zombie SS? Originally it's called Dead Snow but many people refer to it as Zombie SS, because that's what it is about. It's supposed to be a horror but I see it more as a black comedy  8)
Tecnigas Next-R Pipe
Malossi rollers 7g

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 11:57:56 PM »
I had a wall.paper for my PC from the movie. You gave me something to do tonight. I'll try to find a D'Load of it.

The Polish bits were "Give me a kiss", and "Come here. Eat my ass".  Yes I did divorce her... eventually. I heard "Hutch to eachta dupa" more often than "Good Morning".

I'm off to find that movie...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:01:26 AM by zombie »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()