Author Topic: Battery Preservation  (Read 960 times)

superjoefly

• View Profile
Battery Preservation
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:10:13 AM »
I just got my scooter up and running, installed a new battery etc. Haven't cleaned the carb yet, but it's running pretty good.

Now I'm going to be going to Colorado for a month and won't be riding my scooter. I'm planning on cleaning the carb when I return.

I'm wondering what I should do with the battery. Is it okay to just disconnect it and keep it inside for the time that I'm gone?

Thanks for your help :-)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Battery Preservation
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 04:13:02 AM »
Run the fuel out, and disconnect the negative terminal. That will take care of it. Doing an oil change is also a good idea. Old oil is acidic, and can etch the steel parts.

Safe trip!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
If you want to KNOW your battery is good, get a battery tender. The battery naturally loses charge even during disconnected. Plus you'll need a tender in the either if you don't ride.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

superjoefly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
Awesome! Wish I could take it with me to Colorado...would love to ride around in the Mountains...

Thanks for your help! :-)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()