Author Topic: What's your....?  (Read 3750 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
What's your....?
« on: May 17, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
This being a forum composed of people from around the world I thought I'd ask what your area was famous for (food or otherwise) and if one of us ever visited what one thing is it we would have to try/see before we left?

I'm from NJ so the food would have to be our Pizza and sight to see would be the Statue of Liberty.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: What's your....?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:53:24 AM »
Nashville, TN. Food is tough, but I'd go with

1.) Prince's Hot Chicken
2.) Loveless Cafe (anything, but especially biscuits & gravy)
3.) Mas Tacos pulled pork tacos

Sights?  For riders, it's tough to beat the Natchez Trace the first time. And you can do Loveless Cafe at the same time.  :)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:12:53 AM »
Food? it would be the "Lechon" or Roasted Pig... crunchy skin and soft meat...

Sights?  hmmm.... this?    Sail over 08....!!!!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:21:02 AM by Vivo »

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
Okay, for RI, it would have to be quahogs and little necks with coffee milk to wash them down...oh and a cabinet or frappe for dessert.  If you want something more traditional, then you can go to Federal Hill for Italian food.   As for the sight to see, I would say a toss up between the mansions in Newport or Block Island. 
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:36 AM »
For Oregon it would be Smoked Salmon. The great site to see would be the Columbia river gorge.

Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 03:02:26 AM »
In Kentucky it'd be the Bourbon Trail.   Most of the distilleries have tours and tastings daily.  Take a bottle home, don't drink it there.  Come back and cruise the parks in and around Louisville.

The Bourbon Trail was my food entry.  lol!
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Small town Ohio -
Took a ride early Sunday morning down town, and to the reservoir near my home.
Food?: I make the best Lasagna this side of Naples with grilled vegetables (tri-color peppers, egg plant, portabellas, etc., etc.).
Best coffee in town is at our 2 Tim Horton's.
Favorite cities I've lived in : Paris and San Francisco. Least favorite : Pleiku.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:11:05 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
Vivo, I really HATE you! You would just HAVE to post those pictures!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »
Here in N.E Florida it's all about the shrimp.

Sights, St. Augustine.

Back home in N.J I'm with 08087
(There is no pizza in NE Florida...)

m

Sights of the jersey shore.
no matter what condition my hometown.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:18:27 PM by Amac1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
Vivo, How far is your place from those photos?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 01:38:16 AM »
Here in Vermont:

We have a pretty huge local food community, and the "Buy Local" idea resonates with most people in our state. For a great place to eat, though, I'd have to give two places:

1. The Farmhouse Tap & Grill (http://www.farmhousetg.com/home.html). Great local food, hundreds of microbrew choices throughout the year (can't find commercial beer here!)

2. American Flatbread. (http://americanflatbread.com/). Local company with local ingredients. It's pizza at its finest, as it's baked in wood-fired earthen oven. Honestly, the pizza is amazing.

Vermont is fairly diverse depending on location. However, Burlington has a small-city feel that is fantastic and open to scooters and motorcycles. It sits on Lake Champlain, and there's always plenty of activities for everyone. Can't decide on what to do? There's plenty of places to walk and visit (breweries, wineries, local chocolaters and cheese makers, etc).

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

ts1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:45:36 AM by ts1 »

RlwadeII

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 01:58:18 PM »
New poster to the board, been reading for a few months but really had to chime in on this one!

Down here in south Louisiana (Lafayette specifically) we are in the heart of Cajun country!!! Within a 45 mile radius you can see Avery Island where they make Tobasco sauce, take a swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin, or tons of other things!!! We are stepped in history here with plantation homes up and down the bayous, so many things to do. Depending on when you come you may even get to check out one of the many festivals we have every year!

Food wise there is no where I have ever been that had better food than here and I have traveled quite a bit!!! As far as restaurants go there are SO many to choose from!!! The one that seems to get a lot praise for a good sampling of good food is Fezo's. There are 2 locations, one in Scott and one in Crowley. Both are great. There are TONS of places with excellent Cajun cuisine. Too many to list here. 

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 06:16:17 PM »
New poster to the board, been reading for a few months but really had to chime in on this one!

Down here in south Louisiana (Lafayette specifically) we are in the heart of Cajun country!!! Within a 45 mile radius you can see Avery Island where they make Tobasco sauce, take a swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin, or tons of other things!!! We are stepped in history here with plantation homes up and down the bayous, so many things to do. Depending on when you come you may even get to check out one of the many festivals we have every year!

Food wise there is no where I have ever been that had better food than here and I have traveled quite a bit!!! As far as restaurants go there are SO many to choose from!!! The one that seems to get a lot praise for a good sampling of good food is Fezo's. There are 2 locations, one in Scott and one in Crowley. Both are great. There are TONS of places with excellent Cajun cuisine. Too many to list here.

I'm glad my thread pushed you to finally chime in, welcome on behalf of me. When I was a kid I had a small aluminum boat that I'd power around the swampy areas of the southern NJ coast, we locals referred to the area as "Mud city" as only small flat bottomed boats could make it back there. I now watch a show called "Swamp People" and dream of being there in the swamp, I just love the sheltered waters and all the twists that a swamp brings, so much wild life to take in and see, many things to explore. Tell me if you know, how hard is it being an alligator hunter and how much of the show is played up for the camera?

Thanks and again welcome to the group (assuming I'm accepted as part myself :)).

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »
Vivo, How far is your place from those photos?

Those pictures are from Palawan, Philippines. Going there depends on your budget and on your appetite for punishment. Flying in is relatively effortless, but can be expensive. Going overland from the capital of Puerto Princesa is the cheapest way, but requires a tolerance for hours of travel over rough roads. Riding a boat depends entirely on the whims of the weather. 3 hours to 30 hours mixed transportation, plane, land, ferry boat... depends...

@CROSSBOLT....  8)

Ah, I forgot the famous Curacha... tastier than lobsters...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:54:04 AM by Vivo »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()