Author Topic: Road trip  (Read 1741 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Road trip
« on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:55 AM »

When riding in to work on my daily 6 mile commute I almost made a right turn onto route 1&9 south and make a beeline for Florida. It was oh so tempting to just say f*** it all and cruise on down and deal with the fall out later. The light turned green and my better senses kicked in and I kept the handles heading true east towards work.

What's the most spontaneous thing you've done while riding your Kymco?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Road trip
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:08:08 AM »
Made a turn on a road that leads to I don't know where... followed the twists and turns and enjoyed the smell of breeze... only to find out about 15 minutes later... where the heck am I? continued on riding... hoping I would find some familiar intersection.... no luck... I can't ask for directions (men don't ask for directions...  :P )  I figured... this is taking too long... 30 minutes with no destination is a long time... well, I stopped and asked for directions.... I was waaay far from home... had a great time tho...

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »

When riding in to work on my daily 6 mile commute I almost made a right turn onto route 1&9 south and make a beeline for Florida. It was oh so tempting to just say f*** it all and cruise on down and deal with the fall out later. The light turned green and my better senses kicked in and I kept the handles heading true east towards work.

What's the most spontaneous thing you've done while riding your Kymco?

I once made a "last minute" decision and did just the reverse , turned north and headed to Jersey on my  Yager . It took 4 days but it was a hoot.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:53 AM »
Well if the wife pisses me off I like to just get out and ride. At times I wish I could ride and not come back.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »
I'm taking the long way to work each morning (4AM or 5AM - so no traffic) Now I've started finding longer ways to come home on my new Like 200i (180 miles)
Tis a trick trying to find streets that I can hold it at no more than 35mph. Don't see HOW one can do 1000 miles at no more than 1/2 throttle during this break-in period.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:26 PM »
I'm taking the long way to work each morning (4AM or 5AM - so no traffic) Now I've started finding longer ways to come home on my new Like 200i (180 miles)
Tis a trick trying to find streets that I can hold it at no more than 35mph. Don't see HOW one can do 1000 miles at no more than 1/2 throttle during this break-in period.

I picked up my peoples 200 with 700 miles on her, the guy used it around PA and the twisty turns out there in the country, no way he kept her at half the whole time, neither did I once I got her. That would be about 30 hours at under half the gas, I doubt anyone does this and I think the manufacturer knows this, but it's their out in case an engine blows under warrenty.

My outboard motor only called for a 10 hour break in period.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »
Monday I started out thinking I was only going to ride 30 or 40 miles. Went down a road that went past huge estates with vineyards and a few wineries. I wish I had brought my camera. Before I knew it 4 hours passed and nearly 130 miles.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()