Author Topic: Wheel balancing?  (Read 1196 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Wheel balancing?
« on: June 11, 2015, 01:47:24 AM »
Do any of you have the little weights around your rims like on cars? I was noticing I don't have any on either one of my scooter tires/rims.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
Re: Wheel balancing?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:24:43 AM »
My first 3 didn't. My People GTi 300 does. But I am the second owner. The original owner may have hade them balanced. He removed the word People from both sides.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
I have a 2012 GTI300. It has stick-on wheel weights painted black to match the rim. I had new Michelin city grips installed last year so I don't know if the weights are original factory or installed when the new tires were put on.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
There are some sort of beads you can add to the inside of the tire that will self locate to the light spot in the wheel as it spins, wondering if that is a better idea? What got me thinking about this is I had my scoot running on the center stand and when I rev'd it the back tire seemed out of balance.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »
Dyna Beads, 08087. I have been  a big proponent of them for quite awhile. Recently, I replaced front and rear tires on the DT300i with Metzelers and used ordinary BB's instead of Dyna Beads. Way cheaper, work well and easier to get.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 10:10:21 PM »
To me, if it don't shake I will not touch it
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 05:44:59 AM »
Ride on Tire Balance Fluid... http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycles.html

It's some sort of polymer that follows the tire, and kind of sets up all around the inside. You can actually peel it out, and put it in another tire if needed.

One thing I found is it will droop into a puddle if the bike is not ridden for several months, and the first mile will be brutal. It's bearable though because how many fellas take a dormant bike straight to the freeway?

I've used this stuff for about 20 years, and it works. For a bike it's about forty bucks ( i think) for both tires but like I said... It will outlast the tire.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()