Author Topic: Does anyone recognize this crank shaft?  (Read 643 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Does anyone recognize this crank shaft?
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:15 AM »
I bought 5 cranks back in march on Fleabay. They were all supposed to be QMB 139 cranks.
three days ago I installed one, and never noticed the splines thet run full length on the Variator side. You can see them in the pict.
I 'contacted" the seller but don't yet have a reply. He may be thinking I want a refund. For 30 bucks I don't care.

I found this crank (same type), and won't tell you what it is listed for because that makes no sense either.
I'd like to find what it IS made for. It fits the 139 case perfectly but the var shaft is larger (diameter), and fully splined. It obviously takes some other type of var. that I have not yet seen.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone recognize this crank shaft?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »
Figured it out.. It's an E QMB140 2t crank. I'm gonna pick up a matching Var., and see what happens in a QMB139 4t case.
Just gotta check the LOA, and the woodruff key slot for the flywheel timing.

Strange thing is it is complete w/ the sprockets to drive the cam/timing chain. Color me confused...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 01:57:03 AM »
I was gonna say the only bikes i know with spines the length of the shaft are minerelli and clones.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:11:26 AM »
That's what it's listed for!!!
How th F does it fit the 139 case, and have the timing gears installed? It makes ZERO sense.
And those full length splines?? ?? Maybe they were easier to machine that way.

The only Maybe left is the starter gear. I saw no teeth on any of the mineralli drive faces. Maybe I'll have to rig up an open drive, and a pull cord starter. It's going in a Tao Tao 2t frame anyway.. A rat I'm, putting together out of leftover bits to trade for a set of fenders/Oring chain for the Triumph.

I'm putting the ZX back on the road, and putting the spare engine in my Vruk frame. That spare is getting another 50mm Jiangwayne jug, and my RS II pipe.

I'm trying to consolidate all the crap around here, and focus on the Triumph.

Any, and all of it will be for sale.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()