Author Topic: xciting 250 no start below half tank fuel  (Read 745 times)

ericfalt

• View Profile
xciting 250 no start below half tank fuel
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »
I just bought a xciting 250 Kymco scooter. The prev owner claimed it would not want to start or idle below half tank of fuel.  Sure enough when it got down to half way or so, it had trouble starting. Filled it up, and it has been starting fine.  Any ideas on a fix. 

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: xciting 250 no start below half tank fuel
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 09:39:40 PM »
Bring your ears close to the seat/tank and listen, if you can hear the fuelpump running for a few seconds after (ignition) key on.
Is the fuel tank cap uncovered so that it can breathe? When you remove the fuel tank cap on the emty or half empty tank, is there a vacuum that can be heard also while removing the cap?

xciting 250 carb or xciting 250i injection?
mechanical fuelpump versus electrical fuelpump?

mechanical fuelpump is cheaper, electrical fuelpump is more expensive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:00:41 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

ericfalt

• View Profile
Re: xciting 250 no start below half tank fuel
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »
It is a carb. Will have to wait awhile for fuel pump sound at half tank...don't drive it that much. My thought was a weak fuel pump, but didn't know about hoses being clogged or any other issues that might be known.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()