Author Topic: Where's all the new Like 50 2T owners????  (Read 10542 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Where's all the new Like 50 2T owners????
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 05:43:30 AM »
Yes, I'd like to see the 'before" photos! (And the "after" photos...when you get them.)

Aww...how sad you'll have TOO MANY gifts on Christmas, lol.

I'm gonna look at those upside-down trees...

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
Yes, I'd like to see the 'before" photos! (And the "after" photos...when you get them.)

Aww...how sad you'll have TOO MANY gifts on Christmas, lol.

I'm gonna look at those upside-down trees...

K, here are the "before" photos and who knows when the "after" photos will be ready.  And BTW, you can never have TOO many gifts under the tree, can you?  I hope to get lots of scooter-related stuff, especially since most all my friends and family know how into scoots I am.;D

I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »
Maaaaaaaaannnn...that machine is a restorer's dream, scootermaven!! I see what you mean about the money pit thing, but that's gonna be NICE when you're done with it! I really like that front tire. Need to get me something like that.

Yeah...I'd say you're gonna have a nice Christmas.

And I did look at those upside-down trees...your Like would fit nicely under one. ;D

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 04:12:48 AM »
Maaaaaaaaannnn...that machine is a restorer's dream, scootermaven!! I see what you mean about the money pit thing, but that's gonna be NICE when you're done with it! I really like that front tire. Need to get me something like that.

Yeah...I'd say you're gonna have a nice Christmas.

And I did look at those upside-down trees...your Like would fit nicely under one. ;D

I don't know about all that, Rianna.  But we'll see how it turns-out.  BTW, those are the original tires in the photos and they are only being replaced because they're dry-rotted...the tread is good though.  In the photos it's missing the fan cover and the spare tire cover, so you have to use your imagination a bit.  And that seat looks horrible!  Gotta re-finish those rusty (mainly surface rust) wheels and that center stand too.  If those items were in good shape, the scoot wouldn't look half bad the way it is.  And I have some mirrors ordered for it too.  So, you think I should paint it or ride it as is?

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 04:26:00 AM »
Well...I do love restoring the classics. And you say that's a '79. Really good shape for a '79, btw, aside from the rust and that seat. That seat is a tad bit worn, lol. I bet it's gonna be a runner when it's ready. You might jump on it and not want to get off to do any painting. What colors do you have in mind?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
I need to stroll over to Kymcoforum more often huh?

I thought you meant you wanted the Vespa done before Christmas of 2011?  No?  Damn.  Starting that on Tuesday if that's good with you. ;)

The Like is awesome.  I enjoyed working on it, and riding it too!  Thanks for bringing it all the way from Asheboro... well, Charlotte actually, and giving me the honor of working on it.  :)

All the best!

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
Well...I do love restoring the classics. And you say that's a '79. Really good shape for a '79, btw, aside from the rust and that seat. That seat is a tad bit worn, lol. I bet it's gonna be a runner when it's ready. You might jump on it and not want to get off to do any painting. What colors do you have in mind?

I hope it runs sweet when Josh is finished with it.  While he is going through the motor, I asked him if I should do any performance mods while he's in and around the engine and he said I would most likely be very happy with the performance of the scoot without mods.  I guess we'll see how it goes, but I HOPE I really like it.  I was thinking if I end-up repainting it, I may paint it a pearlescent white and maybe add a few tasteful graphics.  I also love the color orange and I have been pondering a two-tone paint scheme.  If you get the chance go over the Asheville Craigslist and checkout the white, 1980 Vespa P200E for sale (http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/2108247530.html)...IT'S GORGEOUS!!! 

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
I need to stroll over to Kymcoforum more often huh?

I thought you meant you wanted the Vespa done before Christmas of 2011?  No?  Damn.  Starting that on Tuesday if that's good with you. ;)

The Like is awesome.  I enjoyed working on it, and riding it too!  Thanks for bringing it all the way from Asheboro... well, Charlotte actually, and giving me the honor of working on it.  :)

All the best!

~Josh

Yeah, Josh...Tue. is GREAT with me!  I'm glad you enjoyed working-on and riding the Like.  It'll be even better once we get it dialed-in a little better.  I removed the standard topcase today and I think I'm gonna leave it like that until I actually need to use the topcase.  By having the topcase off the scoot, it's easier for me to move it around (by grabing onto the rack) in my storage building, not to mention it's less I have to clean.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 02:32:53 AM »
I'm not sure about the orange. After seeing that white one in the link I'm really liking the idea of the pearlescent white! It's a shame about the dry-rot on those nice looking tires.

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
Thought I would post this photo.  I decided to take off the standard topcase on my Like 50 2T for a while.  I keep it in a storage building and that requires me to pick-up the back of the scooter to move it around sometimes.  It's not as easy and a bit awkward to move it around with the topcase on the scoot.   Anyhow, I have located a universal quick-release bracket (http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-053-0050/Topcase-Bracket-Universal) that will work nicely with the standard topcase, but it is almost as expensive as a reasonably-sized SHAD or Givi topcase that already has a quick-release system built-in.  I'm sort of undecided which way to go, as I like the all-white standard topcase.  If I go with a SHAD or Givi topcase, it CAN (optionally) be two-toned and in my opinion, not as attractive.  I am also toying with the idea of painting the plastic, wing-like pieces at the front of the rack flat black (like the floor board).  What do you all think?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()