Author Topic: Agility 125 Issues  (Read 987 times)

abaig

• View Profile
Agility 125 Issues
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:51 AM »
Hi, this is my first post so I hope I'm in the right place.  I have an 07 Agility 125 that I bought in 09, and it runs great.  However, I have had a problem with the electrical system.  My battery used to give me troubles, it would die out in the slightest of cold weather, but that has been working fine for the last month.  However, all at once my turn signals went out, all 4 of them.  Someone suggested changing the switch on the handlebar, so I did that, but still no luck.  Someone else told me it could be the winker relay, and I located that inside but have not been able to find anyone who stocks that part, assuming that even is what the problem is.  I know this sounds silly, but I was not sure if there are fuses as there are in a car that might just need to be replaced.  The only fuse I have ever located was the one for the battery under the floorboard. 

The other problem I am having now is that ever since I took the front cover off to get to the relay, my passing (bright) lights do not work, although my regular headlight still works fine.  Everything seems to be hooked up tight and correctly, as I did not undo anything while taking out the relay except for the relay.  No one in my area works on scooters, especially Kymco, so I'm all on my own here and I am not a "car" guy, so this is a whole new world to me.  I would really appreciate any help you have.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 125 Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
Not sure about the turn signals but on your headlight it could just be as simple as a bad bulb. My rectifier/regulator went and all my lights were dim, fitted new regulator and all worked bar my headlight full beam. Spent ages going thro it all only to discover my bulb had blown! There are 2 filiments in the headlight and brake light, one for normal lights on use and one for high beam/brakes on. If the high beam filiment is blown the normal light filiment can still work. If you take it out and hold it up to the light you should see the 2 filiments inside the bulb, if one thin wire filiment is broken then thats your problem with that.

Have you checked to see if you get voltage at the turn signals when on? Or checked if any power is getting to the relay? This is the 1st things I would try.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()