Author Topic: ..airsal 70cc kit..  (Read 5956 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
Re: ..airsal 70cc kit..
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:53:53 AM »
I think its too small?  B/c diameter on service manual says 50mm and this one is only 47.5.   However, i was looking at the 81cc NCY cylinder kit which is 50mm.   I may get this and have someone install it for me since it looks like way too much work that i want to get into...

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/70cc-high-performance-scooter-engine-kit.html

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
 here is what Malossi.com says about them...

The replica:

MHR REPLICA CYLINDER KIT

The MHR Replica line of cylinder was created especially for the International Scooter Trophy * 70cc Automatic Class. These cylinder kits were designed to guarantee maximum performance in this category, while at the same time assuring extremely long product life.

In order to guarantee these special characteristics, Malossi MHR Replica cylinder kit have pistons with two chrome-plated rectangular segmants and a compression ratio of 13.8:1, plus torque value of 7.35 N.m. (o.75 Kgm) at 8.000 rpm and power of 6.6 Kw (9 C.V.) at 8.500 rpm.

The MHR line is the results of Malossi's many years of experience in European and National competitions. These new cylinder kits are composed principally of cylinder- piston * ring * head.

The MHR cylinder:
ALUMIN-CYL. KIT Ø 47 pin Ø 10 MHR

TECHNICAL FEATURES cylinder kits

CYLINDER
- Material: special aluminium alloy with high percentage of silicon and titanium that guarantees exceptional strain strength even at high temperatures.
- Heat treatment: special quenching and stabilizing treatment that gives the material increased toughness and strength, guaranteeing that mechanical and size specifications will remain unaltered for temperatures of up to 250 °C.
- Chip-forming machining: carried out on NC machining centres with extremely-limited size and shape tolerance (roundness, perpendicularity).
- Inner surface coating: effected using silicon carbide on a nickel matrix with heat treatment that guarantees extreme hardness (around 600 HVO, 1/5) and excellent resistance to wear.
- Internal machining of cylinder: using special machines that allow a degree of finish on the cylinder barrel walls whose roughness corresponds with the angles set at the design stage (grinding process using special stone).
- Port and exhaust diagrams: designed and manufactured especially for racing. The definition of the port and exhaust diagrams has requested considerable effort on the part of our engineers both on engine test stands and the circuits on which the trophy is held.

PISTON
- Material: special aluminium alloy with a very high percentage of silicon and titanium that guarantees both excellent heat resistance and strain strength upon temperature variation.
- External coating: graphite coating that guarantees a very low friction coefficient
- Structure: reinforced in order to offer resistance to the stress suffered by cylinder units used for top-level competition, but at the same time light enough to reduce inertial force.
- Ring: 1 mm nodular-cast-iron single ring with rectangular cross section and hard-chromium coating on outer surface.

PISTON RINGS
- Rings in very strong modular cast iron with ground, wear-resistant, hard chrome metal-spray coating on the contact surface.

HEAD
- Material: special alluminium alloy with a very high heat exchange coefficient.
- Geometry of heat exchange surfaces recalculated and increased.
- Combustion chamber completely-designed to obtain a high compression ratio (15.8:1) with a very high turbolece.
- Machining: numerically controlled machines.

obviously the actual MHR kit is a better kit... however you are paying the additional money for it as well as apparently there is more issues of them lasting longer due to the tighter clearances on them and higher compression...

I went with the MHR Replica due to not having to change the stock crank... however I can't find the part number for it, but it appears there might be a MHR kit that is set up for the 10mm stock crank... Water under the bridge... anyway...

The compression is 13:1 on the rep and 15:1 on the mhr... so higher compression by far... then again the stock motor is only 8:1 or something like that... Get a kit w/ a head
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:03:28 AM »
...having a hard time verifying fit on the A50, and i'm only really looking for a malossi, or polini...

..want quality...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 04:14:50 AM »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
Now THAT is a killer set up! did you notice the cut down piston? less friction = more power. You'll be right around a g note w/ the pipe, and the bits you have done, so if $'s = power... You will be keeping up w/ the 2t's, Not to sound cheesy but it does take $'s to run well. The cheap stuff is not gonna do it. I only posted the Malossi comment to show that point.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 04:30:01 AM »
...i had read that at malossi about 30 minutes before your post...lol...

..that head look ok to you???

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 05:28:11 AM »
Now you're talking Slinger!  I'm running an Airsal cylinder on my ZX, I've been pretty happy with it.  I do think that a kit with a head is the best though.  It looks like you could use the high performance head with the Airsal cylinder as well.  The Polini kit will most likely outperform the Airsal though, but at 2X the price you have to weigh the difference vs. cost.  I'm sure the Polini won't give you 2X the performance.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 05:33:02 AM »
...i figure the polini would maybe last longer...

..haven't verified a malossi kit for my scoot yet...

..why would the polini out-perform, do you think...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:27:00 AM »
..that head look ok to you???   The valve sizes are almost double the stock size. That is the limiting factor on any 4t kit. 2t's have ports to play with, and 4t's have valves. The bigger the better.

Dark13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
if you really want to blow the 2 ts out of the water just get this

http://www.monstergy6.com/product_motors.htm
proud owner of a 2009 kymco agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 08:44:21 AM »
Why stop there?  1000hp Motorcycle (Trike)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
Why stop there? 

..now that just wouldnt be fair!!

lmao...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:56 PM »

http://www.monstergy6.com/product_motors.htm

I bet I'd still romp him up to 60 mph! ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 11:52:59 PM »

The valve sizes are almost double the stock size. That is the limiting factor on any 4t kit.

...okay, so here's a totally newb question...

..will i need to purchase new valves...what comes with th' head??...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()