Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46141 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2013, 12:59:42 AM »
Goodtime Amigo!!!!  ;)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »
You betcha Vivo !  ... Another successful Goodtime mission accomplished today ol mate.  Same run, cruise the coast down, and loop back through them there hills and cane fields.  Clear blue sky, and got to 20deg C once the sun had been up for a while. Not too bad for a winters day I reckon ...  Yep, that definately  qualifies as a GOODTIME in my books.  ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Hairy Bob.  8) 
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2013, 11:31:28 PM »
Far out gang, after a nice little ride yesterday morning, look what the speedo's showing. Three sevens ... now that's a winning hand if ever I've seen one.
Regards, The Bobster.  8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:40:08 PM by Hairy Bob »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:31 AM »
sent you PM, HB...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:52 AM »
I got the good news Vivo. Check your email mate, there should be one from yer old uncle Bobster in there some where  ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:29:14 AM by Hairy Bob »

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
Im officially part of the goodtime club! :)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »
Goodtime!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2013, 12:08:54 AM »
Look out groovers, the Bobster's back !  Been off the air for a while, off chasing waves again for the last month or so, and there's been some nice stuff amongst the last of the winter swells we've been getting over here, for those of you that are interested in that side of life as well. But don't worry, I haven't been neglecting the pony, she's been getting a good run just about every weekend, and she's running fine. I treated her to a new air filter last weekend seeing as that it still had the original one. It didn't look too bad, but I changed it anyway. I'm going to change the oil every 5000ks, that makes it easy to remember. She's got just on 9000ks on the clock now.
 I've just been reading all of the posts since I was last on the forum, and there's been a bit of sh** going down I see. There seems to be a definite common theme though with bikes that sit round for a while and the carbies getting clogged up by stale fuel. So for those of you that have to shut your bikes down for winter and such, it's imperative that you follow Max's advise about proper preparation such as draining the fuel bowl and filling your tank up etc. Funnily enough, I've just been reading an article in a pretty well respected motorcycle magazine we get over here. It say ... there's little point in using 98 octane, if fact Shell has admitted that some carburetted bikes may have to be retuned for V Power. It can also clog up your carbies from some reports. Plain 91 is often plain rubbish, very dirty. They strongly recommend the 95 octane. And what ever you do, stay right away from that ethanol sh**, that stuff will f##k your carbies up for sure. Just thought I'de share that bit of info with you. Hopefully it may head off some future heartache.
Hey Kris, did you suss your temp light issue ? Hope your still happy with your screen, and welcome to the Goodtime Cruiser Club amigo, the tattoo looks good too.
Vivo, have things started to dry out a bit over your way mate. Don't worry, I had the yellow submarine on standby just in case amigo.
And Max, I see your in there boots and all as usual, trying to help out by sharing your knowledge with us all. Good on you sport, you're a bloody good bloke.
Anyway gang, take care, and ride safe.
Regards, the Hairy Bobster from down under.  8)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:56:03 AM by Hairy Bob »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2013, 01:17:46 AM »
Glad to hear from you HB..!  :) Don't worry, the islands are mostly dry right now.. Ride safe!!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2013, 06:28:55 AM »
Well helloooooooooo fellow cruisers and scooterists, or whatever your choice of ride. Hope everyone had a very happy festive season. It's about 3.45 new years eve arvo here, the last of our Christmas visitors left a couple of hours ago, and yer old uncle Bob's just sitting out under the back verandah  having a cool one and enjoying a bit of serenity. Don't get me wrong, it's been a hoot. But I'm bloody wrecked gang I tell ya ... Hey Vivo, I even got to try a couple of those Feral Hop Hog beers, not too bad at all Amigo.  ;D  After tonight though, I don't think I want to see a beer or a bit of ham etc. for a while.
Any way, my apologies for being so slack on the forum over the last half of the year. It just seemed to be full on for some reason and I just didn't seem to get time.  So, that's my piss weak excuse, and I'm sticking to it.  :) It's been pretty quiet on the Venox post anyway, so hopefully everyone has got all their problems sorted .. hope so anyway. The pony's been cruising along very happily. She's just clicked over the 10,000 klm mark, so I did the oil and filter. I gave her a new air filter a couple of months ago. Actually, that will be the third oil change in 10,000 ks, so you can't say I'm not nice to her, can you.
Anyway, I'd just like to wish everyone a happy new year, and hope it's a good one for you all. Ride safe gang.
Best regards. Hairy Bob.  8)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:31:02 AM by Hairy Bob »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2014, 01:19:06 AM »
Well helloooooooooo fellow cruisers and scooterists, or whatever your choice of ride. Hope everyone had a very happy festive season. It's about 3.45 new years eve arvo here, the last of our Christmas visitors left a couple of hours ago, and yer old uncle Bob's just sitting out under the back verandah  having a cool one and enjoying a bit of serenity. Don't get me wrong, it's been a hoot. But I'm bloody wrecked gang I tell ya ... Hey Vivo, I even got to try a couple of those Feral Hop Hog beers, not too bad at all Amigo.  ;D  After tonight though, I don't think I want to see a beer or a bit of ham etc. for a while.
Any way, my apologies for being so slack on the forum over the last half of the year. It just seemed to be full on for some reason and I just didn't seem to get time.  So, that's my piss weak excuse, and I'm sticking to it.  :) It's been pretty quiet on the Venox post anyway, so hopefully everyone has got all their problems sorted .. hope so anyway. The pony's been cruising along very happily. She's just clicked over the 10,000 klm mark, so I did the oil and filter. I gave her a new air filter a couple of months ago. Actually, that will be the third oil change in 10,000 ks, so you can't say I'm not nice to her, can you.
Anyway, I'd just like to wish everyone a happy new year, and hope it's a good one for you all. Ride safe gang.
Best regards. Hairy Bob.  8)

I enjoyed your post  !

Yes, well 99% of us Gringos cannot buy ethanol-free gas....so we do the best we can.
and I hope to ride winter'thru here in Ohio -s o stale fuel shouldn't be an issue.
 Keep in touch (pictures please....) or lying is OK, too!
Stig
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:21:03 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2014, 02:34:26 AM »
Happy New Year HB!!! Glad to hear from you amigo!! You're right! Lots of booze and ham this Christmas made me sick... I need to get away from them stuff to.... Lots of veges and fruit from now on... Hey HB, March is near and my brother will be down under... Hope you can meet him mate... Best regards!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
Hey there guys. Vivo, Stig, Mike and Russ. Good to see the forum slowly firing up for the new year. Now, firstly, Stig. Would I lie to you man. That fish was THAT big ... honest !!!  Is that serious though Stig, has most of the petrol over your way got ethanol in it ? That sux !   Oh, and I reckon Mike's right, do your self a favour and get a Venox mate. They are a great little machine, you'de love it.  Russ, I haven't seen a centre stand over here at all. For servicing, I got a front wheel grab so the pony stands upright, and a universal rear frame lifter to lift the rear wheel to lube and tension the chain etc ... brilliant. Vivo ol mate, what else can I say Amigo, other than  ... look out gang,  THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!.  Nice to hear it's starting to happen for your brother and his family. Keep me tuned with the finer details on the other line if you like. How are thing over there now Vivo? Is your country starting to recover from that typhoon ?

Anyway guys, great to hear from you. Take care and ride safe.
Regards, Hairy Bob.  8)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:20:45 PM by Hairy Bob »

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
Since you're in Summer Down Under,  you can just laugh at our polar temps here in the States--it was -10 Fahrenheit with the wind chill factor here in Atlanta for several days.  So cold, that the 6-year-old battery in my pick up truck finally died.  This Sunday will be sunny and back up to 56!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
Hey there Mike. Don't worry, I never laugh at other peoples situations mate, because karma can just as easily turn around and stick it up my freckle in some other way. That does sound a little on the cool side for motorcycle riding though I must admit. All you can do is hang in there and wait for a bit more civilized weather Amigo. You'll just have to think of some indoor activities in the mean time ... chasing the missus around the lounge room playing leap frog is always a good one  ;D.
Regards, Hairy Bob.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()