Author Topic: Under Seat Accessory Plug  (Read 1388 times)

TLRam1

• View Profile
Under Seat Accessory Plug
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:29 AM »
Does anyone know how many watts are available for use from this outlet?

I have emailed Kymco USA with no response about 2 weeks ago. Looked on the wiring diagram with no clear consensus to me, could not tell which fuse it runs off of.   

I have a 2010 People S 250
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

SaltyDog

• View Profile
Re: Under Seat Accessory Plug
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
I can only answer part of the question - per page 1-20 of the service manual ( http://www.scootermasters.com/manuals/People-250-Full-Manual.pdf ) it runs off the 15A "Fuse B" (shared with turn signals, brake light, horn, etc.).

However, as the circuit includes a charge detection indicator (and presumably other regulator/sense circuitry?), it's hard to say exactly.
If your planning on hooking up something with high current (i.e. heated jacket, if the charging system could even support it?), you may need to re-wire the socket direct to the battery via separate fused wired, and reduce loading elsewhere (i.e. replace bulbs with LEDs).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:37:11 AM by SaltyDog »

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
You hit on many topics I had interest in and lighting circuit was my best guess. Looks like it was possibly tied into some box in the dash but not sure what the box did. 

You are correct, I don't know the output of the charging system or available watts available, I will have to look and see if I can find the output.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »
  I don't know the answer to your exact question. I have a 300GTI. In addition to the factory plug under the seat, I ran a separate accessory plug. I wired it directly to the battery and put a bigger fuse in it. This was recommended to me for using my GPS and also my Battery Tender. The factory plug may just work when the key is on, and would be of no use with a Battery Tender.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 01:39:57 AM »
Yes sir Mr Mike, I have considered doing that also and yes I think it is off when the ignition is turned off on mine also. Considering what uses this plug would have pending on the output. The comments have been helpful.  :-*
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:15 AM »
I know on the Like 200i, the accessory outlet in the glove box is fused with a 0.7 amp fuse!!  VERY tiny indeed! 

So, I am doing what has already been suggested in this thread before I add any more electrical devices to my Like.  I have replaced the driving lights, low beam headlight, and front turn signals with LED lights.  My next step is to replace all of the rear lights with LEDs, then I can proceed with adding other electronic devices!!
2012 Like 200i  in black

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()