Author Topic: 65cc how fast??  (Read 6044 times)

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: 65cc how fast??
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 11:07:42 PM »
when i jetted it they told me  to drill 222 small holes in the pipe to relieve back pressure? so i did that

Do what? I'm pretty sure you need exhaust back pressure on a 2 stroke.

All the information you need you'll find on the forum or google it. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but damn, search... read... There's no reason you can't do a google search on CVT and find everything you need to know.

I'd think you'd need at least a 90 or 95 jet. I've never built a ZX, yet.

No hard feelings dude :). Feel free to ask questions :). It's just you'll probably get an answer to some things much faster by googleing than waiting for a member to reply.

Scoot on brotha
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »
Videos are forbidden here. They will have you hunted down for posting any kind of Vid.
No... Really they say MORE than a handful of words, and as you said "Feel like an expert". Now you have to find 222 tiny caps to fill all the holes you drilled. Keep posting... You will get the help you need.
Ps... Batmans first post was to ask if scooters floated. He couldn't figure how they got to America.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 11:29:39 PM »

We'll keep an eye on you...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

HALEYBABii

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 01:20:12 AM »
hahaah well #1 IM A GIRL NOT A BROTHA! hahah
and #2 I would rather talk to someone thats already built one because on google all ive found is 1 person saying one thing and another sayin no thats wrong!

so yah..I dont mean to b a ass either but dont you think if i found the answers to my questions I WOULDNT BE ON HERE ASKING?

ZOMBIE THANKS YOU...YOUR VERY NICE...UNLIKE SOME RUDE PPL WITH NO COMMON SENCE....
-HALEYBABii

HALEYBABii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
HAHAHAA AND BATMAN HELPED ME ALOT ON BOTH MY POSTS :) THANK YOU TO HIM TOO ;D
-HALEYBABii

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:57 AM »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

HALEYBABii

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »
okay well all im saying is all the stuff i find on google is ridiculous i cant find one thing that helps me on there so im either posting here or yahoo answers and the ppl on there dont help none.
-HALEYBABii

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:42 AM »
I agree

Maybe I was in a bad mood earlier. My bad. :(

I hate to make enemies. This forum and the members on here are great. Which is why I keep coming back. Even axy is helpful when he's not being condescending.

My favorite saying is "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you read"
Sorry that was irrelevant

I was pretty clueless when I bought my scoot. And I've had plenty of automotive experience. But these scooters are way different. It takes experience more than anything else, for me anyway. I have to take it apart, hold it in my hand, or spin something to understand it. It's difficult when people are talking about squish bands, BBK, contra springs, torque springs, CVT, ect and you have no idea what they're talking about.

I can't tell you how many times I've searched this forum and did not find my answer. Which brings up the subject. Does anybody else have trouble searching the forum. Maybe I need to play with the filters a little more. I have but maybe I'm missing something. I've even tried different combinations of words and I give up every time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:52:09 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 03:14:09 AM »
WOW! Last first... It is a pain in the a$$ to search here. I cant even find my own posts so I copy/paste to Wordpad. Things don't filter right or something...
The first thing about searching google always leads to here anyway. So it sounds about the same: "one guy said said the other lives in a tree"! That don't fix a scoot.
ZOMBIE THANKS YOU...YOUR VERY NICE... I imagine you said that with a Romansh accent... In the evening~
UNLIKE SOME RUDE PPL WITH NO COMMON SENCE....  Bite me scooter boy!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
I was wrong

Bad peet :-[

Let's get back to the subject :)

You should feel huge power increase with a 65cc kit. If you were getting to 50 before and only 40 now something's not right. Jetting, roller weights, holes in your exhaust. A malossi variator will come with rollers, but you can get lighter/heavier rollers for less than the cost of a new variator.

Here's what you need to do in this order: Fill holes in exhaust, get your air/fuel mix right by rejetting and doing lots of plug chops, then play with your rollers and variator.

It's very important you get the air/fuel mix right. You'll burn up your new kit if you don't. You can't just guess at the jet. Plug chops, plug chops, plug chops.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Plug_chop
http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/plugchop.htm

As far as ordering jets. Besides having to wait for days, I am officially fed up with ordering jets and receiving the wrong jet. Scooterworks did it to me this time! Sent me a 95 that fits and a 105 that doesn't uurrrggh >:(. So I finally broke down and ordered some torch tip cleaners.
What I'm trying to say, HALEYBABii, is you can use mini drill bits or torch tip cleaners to open up the jet. If you go to far fill it in with solder and start over. Look around for more details. These guys taught me about it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017Z04Q2/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details
  Haven't had a chance to use them yet
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:22:52 AM by Peters »
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 04:09:40 AM »
PS

Didn't know you were a girl. How could I?

Scoot on girl!
*2001 ZX-50 beater

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »
HAHAHAA AND BATMAN HELPED ME ALOT ON BOTH MY POSTS  THANK YOU TO HIM TOO

:o WOOO HOOO..Your welcome. IDK how much help i am, but you can see from my threads i've been a pain in the ass the whole time.. ;D :D
When i joined here my lil z was barely running (after being gotten in 3 pieces) And know look at Lil Red.  8) :o  ::)  :D  ;)

As far as ordering jets. Besides having to wait for days, I am officially fed up with ordering jets and receiving the wrong jet. Scooterworks did it to me this time! Sent me a 95 that fits and a 105 that doesn't uurrrggh . So I finally broke down ordered some torch tip cleaners.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017Z04Q2/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details
  Haven't had a chance to open up my jet yet though.

LOL, there is several of us that made a jet drilling kit. It has came in handy more times than once. Z was the one that talked me into it back in the day. ;)
I had modded my oem pipe, removed the cat converter AND drilled holes in it. Not real sure about the holes in the pipe being the issue. I had also ran a "95-97" jet in mine with the open filter. Of course i was modded stock then as well..
IDK about a 65 kit difference but i know a 70 was a night and day difference, This fkn 86 is a different story as well. 8)

Haley, i do believe you will ALWAYS find conflicting stories on stuff too. Dam sure know i have whether is a vid or written word.. PLUS being in these mtns., tuning is ALOT different than other ppl cuz of the altitude we have here. I been racking my brain for cpl years now with that crap. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

HALEYBABii

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 04:34:14 AM »
well i have a #90 jet in it. but i was reading in the service book about the screws on the side of the carb and i turned the idleing up but i messed with the other one 4 air i think it said? now its running even worse.

oh and as 4 ordering jets IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
i waited 1 week on the wrong jets..completley wrong jets they wouldnt even fit in the hole!!
the 2nd ones for another 2 weeks flooded it out...
now the one i have in it is a 90 and its right the spark plug burns the color its supposed to..so im pretty sure thats right.

im not sure what size rollers are in it but, they are yellow. (if that info matters?)

before i put the holes in the pipe it still ran sh**ty thats y i figured maybe it needs the holes?

ive been riding with no air filter just panty hose around it cuz it wants to die with the box on...but i heard if you drill small holes it will help?

whats plug chops? lol sorry for asking so much but i know nothing!!
putting it back together wasnt a problem at all but ppl failed to mention you had to change like EVERYTHING when you put a kit on. ugh im really frustrated with it... i want it to run good. i mean at least hit 55-60 i mean damn it was hittin 50 all day no problem b4 i started f***in with it.. :/

-HALEYBABii

HALEYBABii

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 04:38:18 AM »
well im gettin ready to just take it to the shop..they dont know what they're doin, but as you can see neither do i! lol
i guess the worst that could happen is it dont run anymore?
im really annoyed... ???
 :'(
-HALEYBABii

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 04:41:03 AM »
I've been using a mini drill bit set for a while now but the sizes are few and far between. To be honest I had no idea where to get torch tip cleaners. I looked(in the wrong places). They were on amazon the whole time :D. Should have known you can get anything on amazon ;D

Yep, just because one size jet works for one person doesn't mean anything. art had me convinced I was too big on my main. Turns out it was too small.

BTW HAYLEYBABii, the jet sizes we are talking about, #95 #105, refers to the size in mm. A #95 would be .95 mm

*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()