Author Topic: 50cc Vibe 2007 in Australia.  (Read 8003 times)

locallawoff

• View Profile
Re: 50cc Vibe 2007 in Australia.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:36 AM »
Gidday Rianna,Thanks for that.I have narrowed it down to the CDI.It started in the morning and let it run at a great rate of knots for a half hour.It stopped and would not start.I put the CDI in the freezer for 10 mins plugged it back in and away it went till it got warm then it cut again.I do have a manual.Thanks

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
No problem, locallawoff. Glad you got it!

locallawoff

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 03:55:45 AM »
Gidday,My new CDI arrived today (unrestricted) plugged it in and it started first touch of the button.Now what rollers do I need now.I have fitted a free flow air filter to start with and pulled the variator and had a look in there.Now what do I do.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 04:04:48 AM »
Hi, locallawoff, have you changed out your jets at all?

locallawoff

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
Gidday,No not yet.Thanks

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 02:23:35 PM »
G'day, locallawoff, your welcome. :) Have you thought any about upgrading your exhaust system?

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »
since you have put an open air filter on, i would do a plug chop to see if any leaner....if you drill 5- 3/8in holes in the bottom of your exhaust it will help you some.(gotta get more air out if more comes in). then you will probably need to upjet a tad... i have become a firm believer in rejetting now..... i would try some 7.5 rollers after that to get you started...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
Just thought I'd ask, locallawoff, are you looking to go with the rollers or the sliders on your scoot?

locallawoff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:54 AM »
GIDDAY EVERYONE,I HAVE JUST BEEN TO THE LOCAL ''KYMCO'' SHOP AND INQUIRED ABOUT A LARGER JET FOR MY ZX50 AND HIS REPLY WAS ''KYMCO''WILL NOT SUPPLY ANY JETS OTHER THAN A STANDARD ONE AND THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO ORDER IT IN.I THEN ASKED ABOUT VARIATOR ROLLERS AND ANY MODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE HIS REPLY ''NO'' THEY WILL NOT SUPPLY ANYTHING TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE.
I WILL NEVER ENTER THAT SHOP AGAIN TO BUY ANY PARTS AT ALL. >:(  &^&**%$&$$*

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 04:13:50 AM »
Yeah, I've found that the dealers are only good for OEM parts. 

Luckily, there are plenty of other places that will help you out with making the scoot go faster.

Keep on looking!

locallawoff

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:36 AM »
Gidday Rianna and the Batman.When you are on a old age pension you have to be very carefull where the pennies go all the time.I will have to do the upgrade in bits.Thanks

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 04:20:10 AM »
Have you tried this place yet, locallawoff? I think they ship to your country. They do have a Free Shipping option if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for your items to arrive. Understand about the pension. Doing one thing at a time can be great. You get to watch your scoot transform. :)

http://www.scooterpartsmania.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=jet&inc_subcat=0&page=1&sort=3a

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 04:20:48 AM »
Nothing wrong with taking it slow.

The best part is that you can concentrate on one thing at a time.  

And you'll always have a project to do!

locallawoff

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
OK Everyone,Took scoot for a hurtle down the road(with eye open for cops).Motor runs ok but bogs down mid throttle and slowly winds out.I cant drill holes in muffler because they wont reg(licence it) here in Queensland Australia.What size jet do I need to correct this problem keeping in mind you cant buy them here in OZ.Thanks ::)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »
G'day, locallawoff, I'm not so familiar with the Vibe model. Do you know offhand what size jet you have in it now? I'm not sure what # they come with originally. thebatman might come in and post an answer later...he seems to be up on these things as he is modding his scoot as well. If sidthesloth ever comes back from camping over there in the land down under I bet he will know too. He loves tinkering with his bikes. I don't want you to run your scoot if it's running lean and mess it up or anything. If you're not sure what you have in it now and no one comes in and posts up an answer for you later I will try to find an answer for you.

How's the weather over there in your beautiful country today? We have 39 degrees Farenheit weather here today...a bit brisk! Brrr :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()