Author Topic: HELP IN DESPERATE!!!!! - Instruments Not working Continued  (Read 6403 times)

ptingib

• mitapXD
    • View Profile
    • Top-notch ?asual Dating Verified Damsels
Re: HELP IN DESPERATE!!!!! - Instruments Not working Continued
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2019, 07:36:04 AM »
Hi All i looked at the wiring diagram for both 250 and 500 and the speedo and odometer seem to go to the same place and with the same coloured wires however there is a difference between the two as i can physically see ironically its not the cables you would automatically think of.

i truggles to not only to understand the diagrams but also to identify the colors as some have faded after 10 years or is covered in crap.  if there was an easy fix to this issue i would appreciate it if anyone could tell me. 

Also is it normal to reprogram an instrument cluster to increase or decrease KM or miles.  surely if it was so common and way to do owners would be shaving 10,000s of miles off scooters when they come to sell.

Scootmaster

• If you're too busy to ride, you're too busy!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP IN DESPERATE!!!!! - Instruments Not working Continued
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2019, 04:19:18 AM »
The problem you're experiencing is the same problem I had. I bought mine with the instrument cluster with exact same symptoms as you're having. I took mine out and took it apart and did all the troubleshooting. Ended up replacing with a new one. This was about a year and a half ago. You will need to find one somewhere. I'm thinking that the previous owner before me probably tried to jump start the scooter while reversing the cables. Just speculating. The part number you will need is 37200-LFH1-E00, (pic attached) They're hard to find now, but keep searching, you'll find one. Good luck with it.
2011 Kymco People 50
2009 Kymco Xciting 500Ri
2004 Honda VTX1300S
2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()