Author Topic: 450i lift kit  (Read 8111 times)

k9bitten

• View Profile
Re: 450i lift kit
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
Looks good K9bitten, more choices. Does your screen name have anything to do with Bigdog's?

Up until the last year or so I trained sport dogs, Schutzhund, IPO, French ring, etc. i like catching dogs on the sleeve :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:54:01 PM by k9bitten »

k9bitten

• View Profile
Re: 450i lift kit
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 08:43:56 PM »
   Hey it looks much better with the bigger tires on her.  I have often thought about going to 26" when I need to replace my tires and your pics confirm they look better.  Next question is...any performance difference with the bigger tires?  Any loss of getup and go?   I know sometimes a bigger tire lessens the hole shot or the low end grunt, please let us know.

I really did it because the trails we ride are boney and I needed more ground clearance. I'm in low range a lot and the bigger tire has no negative effect at all in low range. As far as holeshot and top end goes in high range, it doesn't seem much different. Acceleration seems the same but I haven't had enough straightaway room to check top speed. I hit 40 and it was still climbing. Slow going in high range didn't seem to have any additional slip from the wet clutch so I think I'm good to go.

I have no reason to go back to the 25"'s. I chose the 2.0's because they are one of the lighter weight radials and knew I needed to keep that fact in the equation. The ride is vastly improved over the roots and rocks. One thing I noticed right away was it steers MUCH easier. The stock Maxxis OEM tires that came off are crazy light weight. I'm surprised I didn't have sidewall tears.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:46:57 PM by k9bitten »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()