Author Topic: Crazy prices at dealer here in MN  (Read 522 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Crazy prices at dealer here in MN
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »
Crazy Craigslist ad for dealer here in Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

blue

• View Profile
Re: Crazy prices at dealer here in MN
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:25:00 AM »
I payed 1500 back in 2013 for my Agilty 50.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 03:11:08 AM »
some people will end up getting some good bargains..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »
This dealer does something similar every year, on ebay.
A few yrs ago we had a member jump on one of the larger Kymcos. There is of course @$1,000 in "fees" to get out the door. But then, that is common on most every scooter from a dealer.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
I have seen some fantastic deals like that before but then the dealer added so much in fees it wasn't such a great deal.  A local dealer had a Burgman 650 marked way, way down but when someone inquired there were over $2000 in fees.  I would guess these scooters are probably a good deal, but not as good as they seem.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 01:13:22 PM »
Unless I miss my guess, a case could be made for either fraudulent business practices, false advertising, or price gouging, if it can be proven that these "fees" only get charged when these "sales" are ongoing.  If it could be proven that the dealer does not charge these fees when selling these bikes normally, then they need to be put in jail and stop being permitted to fleece the public. If that kind of thing went on around where I lived, I would try to have them prosecuted.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »
Unless I miss my guess, a case could be made for either fraudulent business practices, false advertising, or price gouging, if it can be proven that these "fees" only get charged when these "sales" are ongoing.  If it could be proven that the dealer does not charge these fees when selling these bikes normally, then they need to be put in jail and stop being permitted to fleece the public. If that kind of thing went on around where I lived, I would try to have them prosecuted.
No, no....all dealers add fees.
 Some dealers sell at MSRP -  AND add the fees - like mine!-- some discount sticker and move a lot of them. I think these guys move a lot of bikes by lowering the tag price from MSRP....and maybe even move more late in the riding season. My Piaggio was nearly $1,000 more OTD....as expected.
Some "wave" certain fees - making you think they are great guys. Others mark down their sticker price - and leave the fees where they are.

As klaviator said - these are good prices - even with the normally added fees.
Nothing strange going on here. No conspiracy.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Crazy prices at dealer here in MN
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
No, no....all dealers add fees.
 Some dealers sell at MSRP -  AND add the fees - like mine!-- some discount sticker and move a lot of them. I think these guys move a lot of bikes by lowering the tag price from MSRP....and maybe even move more late in the riding season. My Piaggio was nearly $1,000 more OTD....as expected.
Some "wave" certain fees - making you think they are great guys. Others mark down their sticker price - and leave the fees where they are.

As klaviator said - these are good prices - even with the normally added fees.
Nothing strange going on here. No conspiracy.

Stig
Yes this dealer heavily discounts.  Have known a couple people that have gotten very good deals here. They are in a distant suburb of Minneapolis and am sure they have trouble moving scooters because of that, but am sure they sell plenty of atv/utv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
Move along, nothing to see here. Move along...Asked about low prices at Lakewood Motor and Marine in Corinth, MS, was told "volume." 200 units /month steady, 12 months out of the year. People from all over the country and a few from Europe and elsewhere because they nearly have one of everything made...except scooters. He has a bunch of 50's for the college crowd but that's it. Great museum! No "deals" to speak of but supposedly no surprises, either.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 03:55:34 PM »
Sometimes they just want to get it out of stock.
My local Honda dealer told me (last Nov) that a NOS Silver Wing would cost me $9279 OTD.
Called a dealer with an ad in Cycletrader who had one listed for $5279. I called and offered $5,000 OTD. He accepted immediately.
I knew then (because of his fast answer) I could probably have gotten a few more dollars off.
Drove over and gave them the cash, and a happy camper here.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
Sometimes they just want to get it out of stock.
My local Honda dealer told me (last Nov) that a NOS Silver Wing would cost me $9279 OTD.
Called a dealer with an ad in Cycletrader who had one listed for $5279. I called and offered $5,000 OTD. He accepted immediately.
I knew then (because of his fast answer) I could probably have gotten a few more dollars off.
Drove over and gave them the cash, and a happy camper here.
That's a great price on great scooter!
You can ride into the sunset with one of those! (which I'm sure is many years away!)
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()