Author Topic: Rookie!! Kymco II zing;custom 125cc,2006  (Read 2806 times)

Macken

• View Profile
Rookie!! Kymco II zing;custom 125cc,2006
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:05 AM »
Hi! I am very much "in love" with this bike. But this is my first bike ever. The guy i bought it frome have moved to Chile, and dosnĀ“t answer mails. My problem: I was told to use only super pluss,gasolin (95-98). i Have today downloaded a manual..where it says unleaded gasolin only!!  I have now drowen about 172 km with that gasolin..and now my sycle is cophing etc. The bik has been driven totaly 13430km,( guessing not to bad for 2006 modell) but mostly in town. The oil is full, but there are no messaurepin inside!! So maybe change the oil too..but what is the worst case scenario here: Shall i just empty the tank for the rest of the gasolin?  If i used leaded into something that should not have it? I Live in Spain.(Sitges_Barcelona).but are NOrwegian..and like "home" you can buy everything at the gas station.,but here..you most book place at the local garage..i feel really stupid..but we have all been "novises" one time with bikes!  I Am very thankfull for all help..please use private mail as well: nordic07@hotmail.com.
And..why didnt i get a bike before!!!
And one other thing: OnThetank thereare thenuber2 inRoman letters II, and overthem there used to stand ZING..but someone hasstolen does scines..do annybody know if its possible to buy new ones?
Ride on Dudes...Ken

OldGuy

• View Profile
Re: Rookie!! Kymco II zing;custom 125cc,2006
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:33:43 PM »
Have you tried a new spark plug?
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

Macken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »
Hi..no i havnet changed the sparkplug, but i have taken the one out and cleaned and brushed,But i am buying a new one tomorrow actually..but my consern was the use of wrong type of gasolin..the bike starts at first try everytime..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:45:29 AM »
your bike will be just fine. the lead used in gasoline is there as a lubricant. when you put in the new plug top off the fuel with super unleaded. any remaining problems can be delt with. most fuel related problems come from foreign matter in the tank, ie. dirt, water. i replace my fuel filter approx. every 2 months, and use 1 oz. of sea foam to 1 gallon of fuel when i change the filter. (Sea Foam is a gasoline additive that removes water, varnish, gum, ect...)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:21:04 PM »
Listen what Zombie told you, there will be no problems because you used a wrong type of fuel.
I would check the tank (I had twice problems with sludge in the tank and water also), change the spark plug, adjust the carb and check the valve timing. One of those things is surely the culprit.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Macken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »
Thanks for answers! I have found out something else to check out also...this is fun!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()