Author Topic: super 8 styling  (Read 9858 times)

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
Re: super 8 styling
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
It could void the warranty since it won't just plug in.  You also have a very small engine with a CDI that dims the lights just to safely start the engine.  If you start adding lights, it could cause fuses to blow.  If your lights cause a fire, it definitely won't be covered under warranty.  Basically, just know that if you change any wires, Kymco won't be responsible for that part anymore... and might not be responsible for parts affected by that part.  I blew a fuse on mine while adding the top case and it blew out the computer on my alarm, then blew a fuse... I was lucky it wasn't the CDI.  Since you have such limited power available, I wouldn't add lights unless you are saving power somewhere else (such as an LED change out).
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
I added ten 10-light led strips to my 125cc last year.  Connected to the battery with a switch in front of the seat.  I just turn them on at night.  Didn't have to disconnect any "factory" parts to add them.   Just run a bunch of wire.    No problems stressing the electrical system.   I also changed out the rear tail light for a 25 led star and all my turn signals are led now.  Much brighter.  The led strips make the scoot look much bigger at night.  They shine on the ground and light the wheels and chrome on the scoot.

Go for it. 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

gs450stu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 03:15:26 PM »
I also just purchased a Super 8 150. It is brand new and a 2011, yellow and blue.  It replaces a 2006 Yamaha Vino 125, which I bought new in 2008, and put 9000+ miles on ( I ride all year round-coldest was 10 degrees). I love the power and handling of the 8, but the gear noise is very loud. Replaced the gear oil with 6 ounces of Quick Silver sae 90 outboard drive lube and that didn't help ( 50 kilometers on odometer). The odometer in kilometers is also an annoyance. How do you remove the SUPER 8 decals?

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »
The kit comes with senders and sensors and once installed, you calibrate the speedometer by measuring the tire diameter and entering the figure to the unit... the only major conversion is the instrumentation panel... This Mio speedo can also be fitted on other bikes with the triangular type panel..

Seriously considering doing this for my winter project (I did LED last year)... I found a vendor who can sell and ship to the USA that Mio digital speedometer.  It's about $90, and with shipping is about $150.  I know I need to cut the plastic to fit... while I am not scared of making mistakes, what tools would give the best cut/edge?  Are those senders and receivers difficult to install? Installing sensors for the temp and revs is completely new and I am trying to gauge if this speedo is worth the trouble.

Tips, suggestions or ANY insight into this would be very much appreciated.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

tjupille

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
How do you remove the SUPER 8 decals?

On our 2009s it was a matter of warming gently with a hair dryer, getting a fingernail under one corner and *gently* peeling. It took some patience, but they each came off in one piece. As I recall, there wasn't much adhesive residue and a bit of "Goo-Gone" took care of that.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()