Author Topic: Tools and essential knowledge in case of breakdown.  (Read 492 times)

freedom1122

• View Profile
Tools and essential knowledge in case of breakdown.
« on: January 14, 2019, 12:10:02 AM »
Hi Everyone . . . when you are taking to the trails and wilderness, what tools and essential knowledge do you carry and have in case of breakdown?

As yet, wife and i are traveling alone.

We have a 3,500 lb Warn winch and come along. Tree & tow straps. Shackle hook receiver and snatch block. Spare gas of course.

What are the typical issues you have encountered and how did you deal with them?
i.e. what breaks??

Look forward to your thoughts and experiences.

Dave R 🙏🏼🏁
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:51:45 AM by freedom1122 »

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Tools and essential knowledge in case of breakdown.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »
ya, don't ride alone
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:18 PM »
You only ride alone if you can be within walking distance to civilization or help. I have ridden alone many times where there was lots of traffic and people just in case!  When alone I plan my trip near roads and trails where there is a lot of traffic. I would never venture into wide open country alone!  When you do venture out, be sure you have a way to fix a flat tire and if your going far enough out a spare tire.  Drinking water, rain/sun jacket or protection, first aid kit,  flash light and some matches. I always carry a sharp pocket knife and personal protection whenever the law allows.

freedom1122

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:47 PM »
You only ride alone if you can be within walking distance to civilization or help. I have ridden alone many times where there was lots of traffic and people just in case!  When alone I plan my trip near roads and trails where there is a lot of traffic. I would never venture into wide open country alone!  When you do venture out, be sure you have a way to fix a flat tire and if your going far enough out a spare tire.  Drinking water, rain/sun jacket or protection, first aid kit,  flash light and some matches. I always carry a sharp pocket knife and personal protection whenever the law allows.

Thank you Airshot. We are always within walking distance and our phones have reception. The only item we do not have is a flat tire fix, just an air compressor and gauge at the moment.

Any weaknesses on this Kymco machines that we should be aware of?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 01:55:06 AM »
Havent found any weakness on mine so far. I do carry a spare belt and the tools to change it if I had to. Would be a tough job on the trail but not impossible. Definetly a good tire plug kit and a bottle of slime....you need something for that air compressor to blow!!

freedom1122

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 02:03:02 AM »
Havent found any weakness on mine so far. I do carry a spare belt and the tools to change it if I had to. Would be a tough job on the trail but not impossible. Definetly a good tire plug kit and a bottle of slime....you need something for that air compressor to blow!!

Thank you Airshot ... those two items will be bought tomorrow.

Enjoy your week ... year! 🏁🇬🇧

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 03:02:47 PM »
tire repair kit!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()