Author Topic: Generic parts  (Read 870 times)

Gdaddy197

• View Profile
Generic parts
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:43:50 AM »
I've owned a few Chinese scooters and recently purchased a 2014 Kymco super 8 150. Love it BTW......anywho.......Does anyone know if you can use generic fuel filters and fuel petcocks or do these have to be actual Kymco parts? Any feedback would be appreciated. Glad to be in the Super 8 family......thanks!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Generic parts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:01:31 AM »
I've owned a few Chinese scooters and recently purchased a 2014 Kymco super 8 150. Love it BTW......anywho.......Does anyone know if you can use generic fuel filters and fuel petcocks or do these have to be actual Kymco parts? Any feedback would be appreciated. Glad to be in the Super 8 family......thanks!

The actual Kymco parts for the most part are generic parts. They all come form the same China sweat shop.
There are so many variations tho you have to be certain of the dimensions before you order. Kymco has changed alot in the past 5 years alone. Not for the worse... Just more outsourcing because they have increased their market share sooooooooooo much.
It actually make life easier for us as well. Everyone on the planet has parts that fit. (except the dealers)

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:06:51 AM »
Should be OK on the fuel filter, as long as the input and output are the right size for the fuel lines. If they are smaller, they might restrict fuel flown. If bigger, they may stretch out and damage the lines.

Not sure about the petcock though.
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »
Partsforscooters.com Petcocks are like 4 bucks.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 12:46:59 AM »
 ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()