Author Topic: What engine will fit into a MXU 150?  (Read 2528 times)

86trizinger

• View Profile
What engine will fit into a MXU 150?
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:46 PM »
I was given a MXU 150 for my son. It doesn't have an engine in it. But it has a cab intake and exhaust on the ATV.

Can anyone tell me a good choice for which engine should fit. I looked at some GY6 150cc engines and not sure what will work.
I was tempted on putting in a Honda 200 engine.. But it will be some work.  Plus it doesn't have reverse.
]Please give me your thoughts.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: What engine will fit into a MXU 150?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
Hi 86trizinger, Just a few thoughts for you...http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx  Can set you up w/ the OEM engine, which would be the easiest way to go. If you have the skills/tools (welder, lathe, drill press) you can search ebay for any engine you want. I would believe in either case you will be spending approx. $1'000.00 to put it all together. (all the tid bits/extras). I think if you look around you can find a GOOD running machine for the same $'s. Sometimes even a free machine is not worth what it cost. Just my thoughts. Let us know how you make out!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

86trizinger

• View Profile
Re: What engine will fit into a MXU 150?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
I have done engine swaps before so that isn't a problem.  I will not be spending a 1,000 on to put a new engine though.. 

The honda 200cc engine I have runs great but doens't have reverse.  It has 5 speeds and no clutch.  Just rebuilt it so it only has 10 hours on the top end.
I will probably start the swap in a couple weeks when exams and work schedule lightens up. Should only take a day or 2 to do .  I will post the results.

Thanks for the input.  If anyone one knows another good cheap reliable engine is please chime in.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()