Author Topic: Beaviz @ mxer 50  (Read 6123 times)

beaviz

• View Profile
Beaviz @ mxer 50
« on: February 26, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »
Hi!

My name is Marco aka beaviz, and i just purchased a used kymco mxer 50.
I hope to learn more about my mxer here, because there is not much information available.

First thing, the topspeed is about 45km/h and i would like some 10 more. If someone has some tips
it would be more than welcome. I don't want to fiddle witch cilinders or carburators. because i
want it to be street legal.

Some pics:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Beaviz @ mxer 50
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
..Welome to the forum Beaviz!

..nice looking 4-wheeler!

..hang out here and i'm sure you'll find that this forum is chocked full of ppl willing to lend you a hand..

peace
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:17:30 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »
Check out this link... http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx   In the center of your variator there is a washer #91211. Removing that washer will give you 4-6 mph more top end. The mxer is not really a speed demon buy design. It is quite heavy for the engine it has. That washer is there to limit the top end speed, and removing it is perfectly safe. If you want any more power from it  big bore kits, carb, and pipes are the only option. You can tune the cvt to suit your needs/ riding style but the power is limited. The link I posted is for a 150cc but you have the same cvt. Welcome aboard!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:37:58 AM »
Thanks! That was exactly what i was looking for!

I also heard, that the mxer50 has a exhaust restrictor and maybe a cdi restrictor.
but with the 5 km extra from removing the washer will be very welcome.

again thanks...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
Thanks! That was exactly what i was looking for!

I also heard, that the mxer50 has a exhaust restrictor and maybe a cdi restrictor.
but with the 5 km extra from removing the washer will be very welcome.

again thanks...

If this is 2-stroke, you could also play with roller weights, performance exhaust, carb and open air intake in order to increase a bit the top speed.

However, you will lose on acceleration, and torque at lower revs, which is especially important on quads, so that would not be advisable.

I drove the quad you have and it is quite slow, I think it does not go over 50 km/h, and I achieved top 35 km/h uphill.
Howewer, it is fun and I would not compromise the off road abilities with mere 4-5 km/h increase of top speed.

That quad is not meant to go fast. I have two quads, they go 90+ km/h by GPS on flat surface (200 cc 4 stroke, 16 hp, 4 gear + reverse) and I DO NOT PREFER driving them over 50 km/h, even on flat road. Your quad has street tires, I have offroad tires and trust me, I am not afraid of speed on any vehicle, but everything above 50 km/h on that quad that goes like crazy when you open the throttle is dangerous, at least...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
I agree, when i run it top speed the steering is kinda sluggish..
I only use it on-road

the only reason for my extra 5/10 km wish, is that cars are gathering behind me on the road
because i am driving at about 45km/h while the speedlimit is 50km/h.

i don't want to be the one holding up the traffic, wich is dangerous in my opinion....

am i making sense here?

ps those roller weights.. do i have to get more or less grams for some more topspeed?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:06:54 PM by beaviz »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »
If you manage to increase top for 5-10, it is probable that it will accelerate very slowly.
Lighter weights = better acc, lower top speed.

Even if you increase your top, you will still hold up the traffic.

I have three scoots and two quads so I know a bit about this. With restricted Piaggio NRG 50 2 stroke (top 55-60 km/h) you are still holding up the traffic.
Unrestricted and a bit modified NRG does 100 km/h indicated and with that scoot you are not in the way anymore, but even then on some steep hills where it cannot go above 60 it can bother cars behind...

I agree, when i run it top speed the steering is kinda sluggish..
I only use it on-road

the only reason for my extra 5/10 km wish, is that cars are gathering behind me on the road
because i am driving at about 45km/h while the speedlimit is 50km/h.

i don't want to be the one holding up the traffic, wich is dangerous in my opinion....

am i making sense here?

ps those roller weights.. do i have to get more or less grams for some more topspeed?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 07:56:16 PM »
Can you post a picture of the cdi, and it's wiring for us? If your pipe is restricted it is a simple fix. Remove the pipe, and look where it mounts to the cylinder. There will be a block off plate inside the end of the pipe. You can either drill it, or dremel it out, and remoubt the pipe. That may give another 1-2 mph top end.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »
cdi pic:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »
Holly cow, That is the cdi that the Yamaha tzr 50 cdi replaces.  Yamaha tzr 50   http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-KYMCO-SYM-PGO-PEUGEOT-50-100-cc-MONKEY-RACING-CDi_W0QQitemZ140345144036QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ad38f2e4  It's an ebay link so check it before it expires. What they say it fits... It doesn't. they don't say it fits it does. That's the one you want tho.

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 06:36:16 AM »
Interesting...

It looks like i have to some re-wiring then, because the connector is different..
is there a wiring diagram included with the pakage?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
No there is no diagram included, but it is quite simple. Your green goes to theirs, Your red stripe to their red, your black-yellow stripe to their yellow, your blue-yellow stripe to their blue, and black to black I researched quite a bit on that cdi, Both from the yamaha side, and the kymco side. It is a direct current set-up that will work with your stator/ trigger

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
ok , just contacted the seller....
and its in the mail.

Pipe will be checked asap.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:59:02 PM by beaviz »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
Cool Beans beaviz. When you do your splicing try to use either heat shrink Butt Connectors, or solder them, and use heat shrink tubing. Either one will make a permanent connection. Black tape will only last "short" term...notice the pun

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »
Just received the part, work in progress...

2-parts:

joined together:

Works like a charm!! The engine has less trouble getting to max rpm now.
Thanks for your time and tips!! Have one on me.....

Still have to check the pipe....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:45:16 PM by beaviz »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()