Author Topic: mxu 150 speed limiter  (Read 12415 times)

atvmontana

• View Profile
mxu 150 speed limiter
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
just purchased my first kymco.  '09 mxu 150.  it runs great but top speed is 20mph.  i have plenty of throttle left but it will not go any faster.  is this a factory thing with the transmission or what.  how can i make it go faster.  this atv is supposed to be an upgrade for my daughter who outgrew her bombardier ds90 2 stroke.  she is not very happy cuz the ds90 would go 45mph and the new atv gets outrun by turtles. 

Mike

• View Profile
Re: mxu 150 speed limiter
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
It should go way faster than that... check the variator to make sure it's working right, it's on the side of the motor, it may be hung..if it's not moving you'd only have so much acceleration. You have two pullies and if one is hung it's not going to go they have to work together...if the engine accelerates but the bike wont go, check that on the side engine. if it's brand new i'd take it back to the dealership, they should check it out for you with no problems. good luck! Mike

atvmontana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 03:55:24 AM »
thanks mike.  I took unit back to dealer and found out that they added a speed limiter on the 09 in the cvt.  they have a kit to unlimit the speed so i ordered it.  if anyone is buying an 09 you may want to have this installed before it leaves the dealer.  you can still limit the speed with the throttle limiter

atvmontana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:17:36 AM »
i just found out from the dealer that 20mph is the designed top speed for the mxu150 on the 09.  if you order replacement parts for the cvt, they will also limit your speed even on 07 or older machines.  luckily i have a dealer in butte mt. that is smart and will show me how to have a machine shop set it up like the old machines.  If you don't wan't a royal pain in the a**, i would not buy a mxu 150.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()