Author Topic: Look at what I found at Tap Plastics  (Read 655 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Look at what I found at Tap Plastics
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:24:10 AM »
Went to Tap Plastics today for some baseball display cases for my son. He received his second game ball from Little League. While wandering around the store I found these syringes. Much better than the ones I have from a pet supply store. They cost under $4 each. I use them for changing gear oil and filling boilers on my steam engines.

blue

• View Profile
Re: Look at what I found at Tap Plastics
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »
Wow cool idea.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
I tried looking at CVS and Walgreens but they said they didn't have anything. Even though I know they had them behind the prescription counter (used for wound cleansing). I ended up getting a Mainstays Flavor Injector at Walmart ($5-6). Only went up to 30ml though. Just to make sure the measurements were right, I did test it with water first though and measured out 180ml according to the markings and yes it was just over .75 cups.
Wayne

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
We use a similar syringe for getting the gear oil back into that tiny hole (which they put on the side - hello, gravity here people). There are a bunch of different sizes at farm supply stores, if you have any around your area. Of course, the conversation with the sales people is always interesting:
"So what size syringe are you after, and are you using this for a horse, a sheep, a goat?"
"No, I need it for a Kymco, to change gear oil. I need about 6 ounces."
"What's a Kymco, is that a type of sheep? I've never heard of it. And why are you giving it gear oil? Don't you know that will kill it?"
"No, it's okay, she really likes it. We do this every year."
"Oh, so it's a ewe."
"Dear Lord......"
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()