Author Topic: Super9 AC basic tuning and parts source in US  (Read 1440 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Super9 AC basic tuning and parts source in US
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2022, 08:03:14 PM »
As I mentioned before I have searched, links are dead and info is outdated, 10 year old posts pointing to long gone suppliers.

Seems it takes a little nudge to get  reply and still NOTHING on topic.

I'm thinking either no one here has a clue or everyone just such a snob that they can't take a moment to type up few lines.
This forum has a history of members helping other members with our shared scooter interests - members are all too happy to give advice and jump in sharing their experience.

If we knew - we'd pipe up....then again....you'd be surprised how unproductive name calling and sarcasm has become these days!
Think for a moment - how you sound to those you are asking for help and take another read of our user agreement.

Stig
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:07:23 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 10:57:09 AM »
Politeness & respect. Always a better route to securing assistance in my experience! Thanks for the reminder Stig.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Dmitry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 07:25:26 PM »
Not a fan of darksiding for number of reasons, but hey, free country, right? There was a topic somewhere in a darkside group or involving darkside group, one of the members crashed on Cherohala and was either dead or in bad shape, the rest had to go back and couple more crashed on the way down with pretty dire consequence, I know in the end it was at least one fatality and couple helicopter flights, and of course it was all about the tire choice, one side foaming at the mouths, claiming that it was the cause of the accident, other throwing all the "million rides did million miles"... I stay out, my opinion is "let them" but I'm 100% certain that long curvy road like Cherohala or Blue Ridge at moderate pace and on a heavy bike with car tire can cause issues... Not to mention the negative feedback of a square tire, I personally don't like the feeling, also don't care what anyone else does, so I could have been the darksiding and not giving a F
Anyway, S9 is on a back burner, bought CRF230L and that's our new scooter LOL, also winter is coming so I got 2 snowmobiles to prep. Now that would be a fun ride on 2 wheels, 150hp 2 stroke with a gnarly CVT!

2StrokeVapors

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 07:11:30 PM »
Looking for simple and reliable setup for my bone stock S9, don't want a hand grenade or loud noisemaker and no power.
Leaving the cylinder stock, for now.
Want to get a Pipe and Variator, Malossi makes both, any reason not to get Malossi pipe and go with Technigas, which seems to be most popular, or at least more results come back on Google.
If Technigas, what model pipe, they have more than one.
Also where should I order it. (I'm in US)
If I get all Malossi parts will the variator work better with Malossi pipe?
I understand that ideal weights will keep it in the powerband, so would Malossi kit have ideal set up to go with malossi pipe?
Also where can I get jets?
Seems all links are dead, posts I'm finding are 10 years old, google search points to questionable sources and eBay which is loaded with fake junk.

Do you have a liquid cooled or air cooled model?

Liquid Cooled can be derestricted via green CDI wire, replacing the CVT Boss as the stock has a shoulder on it preventing further travel and you will want to upjet slightly. Should be more detailed info in these forums.

If it's the air cooled, i wouldn't even bother. They are not nearly as fast as the LC, even when destricted.

A pipe on either of the S9 50's is a waste IMO. Derestricted LC is just about as fast as a one with a pipe, carb and whatever else you want to swap out. Final drive gearing is the limiting factor.  I've swapped to a 70cc Molissi sport with Triops pipe, 19m delorto. Bike is much faster off the line, hills are MUCH easier, but top speed is nearly the same. I have a Malossi final drive set but haven't installed. Plan on doing it this winter.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()