Author Topic: Tire change  (Read 1145 times)

jesionowski

• View Profile
Tire change
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »
Here are some pics of my weeekends tire change.

My advice. Just do it. Its way easier then it looks. The only thing is I took the tire to a shop to have the tire put on. I tried putting the front wheel back on the rim myself and ended up damaging the tire, Had to buy a new one. But it cost $60 to mount a tire if its on the bike and $25 if you bring in the tire off the bike. So I ended up still slightly ahead money wise.

I got Michilen City Grips. So far they feel pretty good. Not a dramatic change but I am hoping for better rain riding.

I repainted the muffler with Engine heat paint. Right where the muffler comes off the engine the paint burnt off but still looks fine on the main body of the muffler.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:18:24 AM by jesionowski »
Igonorance is never better than knowledge

soldout

• View Profile
Re: Tire change
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 05:10:05 AM »
I have City Grips too.  One day coming home from work it was raining out.  I coming around a slight downhill off camber left hand turn and my bike just did not want to turn in and I was even going that fast.  I thought I was going to crash into the curb, this was with the stock tires.  That moment right there was the reason I switched to City Grips.  The stock tires i could get the front to howl and scream as i was coming to a stop not with the City Grips.  The City Grips in my opinion have more grip dry and wet weather grip then the stock tires.
12' Burgman 400 - Throttle Lock, Best Back Rest, Passenger Backrest, Ram Ball Mount
09' Agility 125 - Puig Touring Windscreen, Shad 29 , 12V Underseat, Taplights, Ram Ball Mount, City Grips
09' Metropolitan - 12v, Ram Ball Mount

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
Is that a tube? Those tires / wheels are supposed to be tubeless. Mine are, anyway.

jesionowski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 03:04:44 AM »
no tube
Igonorance is never better than knowledge

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()