Author Topic: New Agility 16+  (Read 1390 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
New Agility 16+
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
The new Agility 16+ 200i has a 16 inch wheel up front and 14 inch rear... is that better?

Chris0381

• View Profile
Re: New Agility 16+
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »
My thought is that if you somehow end up on a fast road say 50MPH and you have to ride the shoulder, the 16 inch tires may be able to handle the bumps and debris that seem to always be on the shoulder of the roads. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do a lot of shouldering with the turnsignal on to get motorists to pass quicker.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
 8) Dunno, but it looks good. Bigger wheel would have to improve the handling you'd reckon. Hey, look what I just stumbled across Vivo ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
Its another way of slowing the scoot down now ya have mod the tire size for speed

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »
Good, Better, Best is subjective unless you’re putting requirements on a task, such as top speed, slalom course ect.

My thought is the reason behind it is for better ride for pot holes bumps etc. But that's just an uneducated opinion.

I did see a show once where people had to build a cycle out of junk yard parts and the one with the larger front smaller (way smaller) rear beat all others. This was an extreme example and would never be put to test in a real world setting.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
Almost every production bike on the planet uses a taller front tire/wheel. Scooters have been the exception not the rule. The benefit is the gyroscopic stabilization effect at speed.
I can only assume they are attempting to expand their market into a "cross over" type of scooter. sort of 1/2 bike, and 1/2 scooter.?.?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 10:23:46 PM »
The larger wheel is better for smoothing out the ride at speed, and on bumpy roads. It's also a lot more forgiving when you don't see a pothole in time. One of the reasons dirt bikes use a huge 21' front wheel is so it won't sink into the deep ruts and cause the steering to jerk to the side.
The smaller wheels are better for quick handling. Sport bikes run a 17' wheel to have that quick, sharp cornering ability. But, they don't absorb the bumps on a rough road as well.

At least, that's what I've been told!
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »
Hmmm.... thanks for the answers... I guess, it really depends on what one needs...

Hey HB? Is that from down under?...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
Hey there Vivo, how you doin' Amigo.  Mate, I found that badge on e-bay. I think it's from the U.S.  Google " motor cycle emblems " and it's on the e-bay site that says 30+ Items. There was three e-bay sites - well there was here anyway. Should be about 3/4 of the way down that page. It's cool hey. 
Seek, and thee shall find, my son.  8)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:46:41 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()