Author Topic: Windscreen for the venox  (Read 7514 times)

max oradea

• View Profile
Windscreen for the venox
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »
Hi guys after looking around i cam up with 2 screens that i am looking to get but cant decide which one will be better in looks and protection.
The small one i believe will keep the look of the bike and not cause too much resistance in high speed, and the bigger one... is bigger.
My problem is if the small one is too small to make a difference then i will go for the big one, but if the small one is enough to cover most of my chest then its ok.
Big>> http://www.louis.de/_107a9a8939c37b85ce270ac040f0235ba9/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10006553
small>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puig-Adventurer-Bonneville-Scrambler-Thunderbird/dp/B00B07PL1K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1368376086&sr=8-4&keywords=PUIG+MINI#productDetails
as you can see my budget is around that area of 50GBP

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Windscreen for the venox
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »
I tried a screen for a while, but me personaly, I don't really like them. Sure, they might bust up the wind a bit, but to me it seemed to defeat the feeling of being on a bike in the first place. But hey, each to their own I reckon.
Regards,
Hairy Bob.  8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »
I dont have one so can only guess how it feels, Bob how big was your screen? Did you feel a difference?
If you can post a web picture of the screen you had i will be very much thankful.
And a call to kris! how is your bike doing after the service and how is your screen working out for you? I hope everything is well.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
Hey there Max. Jump on to Bibble Bar.com.au. Look in the accessories section, and you'll see the exact screen that I bought It fitted heaps better on the Venox than it does on the bike in the picture. All though it did channel the wind from your body area pretty effectively, I found that you got a fair bit of helment buffeting. It's just the way that you sit upright on a cruiser I'm afraid. I've read a few articles in bike magazines saying similar on different bikes and different screens too.  But ... some people like them, some people don't.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:49:25 AM by Hairy Bob »

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »
I must get a windscreen on......I will be 65-70mph way too much not too. Im contemplating trying to fit the universal one I bought on, or just selling it and getting this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medium-Tint-Deflector-Screen-Windscreen-03-10-Kymco-Venox-250-/111037136775?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19da543f87&vxp=mtr

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
It's just a bloody shame one of you guys doesn't live a bit closer, I've got a screen I would have given to you for free. It's funny, I tried it back on the pony today actually, after I'd cleaned up my highway bars and put them back on too. I took her for a little blatt to see if I'd changed my mind about it, but no .. although it does keep a lot of wind off your body, I just do not dig the helmet buffetting at all. So the screens off for good.  Here's the highway bars though Kris, you can get those from Tucmoto aswell.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »
Hey guys, I was dead set serious when I said you could have the screen for free ... You just have to pay the freight. It's pretty exy though. Last couple of times I got stuff sent over here from the States, they've stung me about sixty bucks !  Still, it would be "almost" worth your while, coz that tinted one was about, what, $130 plus post. This one's not tinted, but it's roughly the same shape and size. It's a pinch of piss to put on too, takes me all of ten to fifteen mins to put on, or in my case ... take off.  :D
Like I said, look on Bibble Bar.com.au. and you'll see the exact same screen.
Anyway, that's the best I can do for ya fellas. But your welcome to it if you want it, you've just got to get it to wherever you are.
Regards,
Hairy Bob.

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
HB, I will take you up on that offer! :) I do way too much highway riding not to have one, and that one looks quite big. How much does it weigh? and the dimensions of the box you can get it into(smallest is better)? I may be able to mail you a prepaid shipping label.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:10:16 PM »
it looks like a good screen Bob, kris good call its pretty good catch, now you can use it on your running bike. i ordered my two days ago.
How is the bike running kris? anymore bogging out problems?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »
HB, I will take you up on that offer! :) I do way too much highway riding not to have one, and that one looks quite big. How much does it weigh? and the dimensions of the box you can get it into(smallest is better)? I may be able to mail you a prepaid shipping label.

No wukkaz Kris, it's yours sport !  Just give me a bit of time to get it organized. I'll even quickly put it back on my bike in steps, and take photos as I go and send them with it  ... but like I said, it's a pinch of piss to put on. You never know your luck ... I might even a send postcard from the Goldy too, how's that !!   :D  Anyway, I'll keep you tuned amigo
Regards,
Hairy Bob
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:53:56 AM by Hairy Bob »

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Max.... bike seems to run awesome now! I have put 200 miles on her since service and no signs of anything out of the ordinary.

HB, thanks alot! My GF actually collects postcards so she would LOVE one! Or ten! (LOL)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:59 PM »
Hey there Kris. Well, I've just taken the photos putting the screen on, so that's all good, and I scored a good sized box and packing material from work during the week. It's a long weekend here so I'll pack it up and take it to the post office on Tuesday to see how much to send it. You never know your luck, our post may be cheaper than U.S. overseas post. I'll let you know.
Regards, Hairy Bob.

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
cool cool! it will be shipped to silver spring MD 20910.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
Hey Kris, well ... just so you know I'm not full of crap, I've packed the screen up, I've enclosed the set up photos, I even got a couple of nice postcards for you aswell,  AND ... AND ... I even chucked in a genuine GOODTIME sticker for you, so how's that !!!
So I'll see what the post is tomorrow, and we'll go from there !
Regards,
The Hairy Bobster  8)

And hopefully if young Venoxboy is reading this ... This is the way things are done young fella, so take note !!

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
all I can say is WOW HB......you are max are awesome. helped me so much in the last month. I really owe you guys alot! I cant wait to get this windscreen on. my gf is going to love the post cards!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()