Author Topic: no torqe  (Read 12033 times)

ezrider

• View Profile
Re: no torqe
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:19 AM »
Hi Guy's

Posting a report on my Veonx's performance, after fitting the 44T sprocket.
As you would expect, the pick-up has improved especially in 1st & 5th gear. Prior to the mod top speed in 4th was 145Km, dropping to 110Km in 5th (overdrive). The bike always seemed to struggle even in 4th once over 110Km hr, a week before the sprocket arrived I headed off on a day trip that was 150Km one way. Most of the way I was sitting on a max of 120Km hr, around halfway it overheated and I had to pull over & let it cool down. After that I left in 5th and kept it to a max 110Km without any problems the rest of the way or on the way back.  Since fitting the sprocket the bike has lost 10Km of the top speed which is now obtained in 5th not 4th gear. The bike now max's out in 4th at 120Km screaming at the high end, while 5th will now pull 135km wide open & flat out . The main improvement is that the bike now feels right throughout the gear range, especially 1st that had a real long throw and took some getting use to! It was comforting watching even the mechanics stall the bike in 1st (twice) while taking it into the workshop for it service.
The other plus is that the little bike will now sit on 120Km hr very happily without over heating, and if you need a bit more to get up hills, etc it still has more without throwing down to 4th.
I highly recommend it to anyone who has a lot of headwind as we do here, it makes all the difference.

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
Hi Adri,

Yes the oil was changed at 1000KM, I have almost 2000Km on it now. I ordered the 44T sprocket from Kymco Biz (Power Sports in Prescott AZ, USA) it arrived yesterday. I still need to buy a chain locally & fit it, hopefully this weekend. Also your 10,000KM review on your web page was great. One of the reasons I purchased the Venox, that and the Honda Shadow 750 & Hoysung GV650 being $6000 AUD more.

EZRIDER. ;D

First off glad you're enjoying the Venox now. Also thank you for the feedback on the site, ezrider =)
Tucking down will make a huge difference, and I've noticed even wearing a beanie helmet instead of my fullface also seems to slow me down a bit less (ah, the wonders of a small displacement bike). If you plan on keeping your Venox for a while check out the site for the baffle mod (be sure not to remove them completely), and if you're looking to add some functionality, consider grabbing the sissybar and luggage rack (I can now carry beer, women, and luggage much more easily).

Ride safe, have fun, keep us posted!

PS: Overheating? Hmm.. The light came on? I haven't had it happen since installing the 44-tooth sprocket, and I took her on a couple 400-km rides. Our weather is probably a lot different though, I'm in Canada, and I think this is your summer season(?). Did you stop to listen if the rad was doing its thing before turning her off? All's well?

ezrider

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
Hi Adri,

Yes the bike is running great now. No difference in power or top speed to my mates Honda shadow VT400 Cruiser, only half the price. Depending on the headwind I can obtain a top of 140 KM per/hour (half face helmet). I had the overheating problems fixing a couple of weeks ago, it was a faulty thermostat switch that was fixed under warranty.  The dealer's mechanic was impressed with the performance of the bike with the 44 tooth sprocket fitted. He had to check the overheating problems, so he got to ride it long and hard. He tells me that they are think of ordering the sprocket to hold in stock, as well as fitting one to the demo bike; can only help with sales.
As for the weather we are down under, so we are opposite to your seasons. I am located at the Top End of Australia, our city is the closest to Indonesia so our seasons are tropical Wet (high humidity & rain for 6 months) or Dry (No rain low humidity). Most people who first move here from Southern States of Australia that have four seasons (including snow in some parts) call it the hot and hotter seasons.
So in short the bike is always running between the high end of 32 -42C 
I plan to either purchase the power pipes for $650 supported by the Dealer, or wait for the remaining 1.5 year warranty to finish and do the baffle mod that is not supported by the dealer. I have read that
jetting must be change even when packing the babbles out.

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »
Hmm, I've hit an indicated 150 after the sprocket mod, in 5th gear... but I've had to tuck down real low and don't weight very much ( < 140 pounds).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()