Author Topic: How do I secure a Super 8 150 to a trailer?  (Read 1062 times)

justbrad9

• View Profile
How do I secure a Super 8 150 to a trailer?
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:07:00 PM »
Hey, all:
I've got a 2013 Super 8 150 that is due for its 1850 mile check-up and the nearest shop is about a 40 minute ride. I haven't been able to ride as often as I'd like lately due to being in the process of moving into a new home, and I think that combined with the heat has my Super 8 not wanting to start. I don't have the time to tinker with it right now, so since it was going to the shop anyway, I wanted to rent a Uhaul motorcycle trailer to transport it. However, I can't seem to find any info on where to run the tie down straps. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

justbrad9

• View Profile
Re: How do I secure a Super 8 150 to a trailer?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 10:09:55 PM »
Wow, I'm kind of surprised that no one has responded. I thought for sure someone here has transported their scooter this way.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »
I ties down my scooters using a Canyon Dancer bar harness and two tie down straps on the front and two soft ties and straps on the rear passenger grab holds.  Don't tighten down the front end too much, you could bend the handlebars.  With four tie down points it's not going anywhere.

Canyon Dancer:https://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gear-and-accessories/motorcycle-transport/tie-downs/canyon-dancer-bar-harness-ii/p/40624?b=3130232&CRTP=psc&gclid=CjwKCAjw98rpBRAuEiwALmo-ykmQPMrycXzKYwHjMoSb6RYLfsUz0kKe6N1titv39iGwgFp9OoUo7BoC4CoQAvD_BwE
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

OrangeSuper8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 04:13:15 AM »
I just did mine with 4 ratcheting tie downs from any hardware store. $20. And I didn't even need all 4, I just used 3. 1 for the back, thru the luggage rack, attached to both sides of the motorcycle trailer, then 1 for each handlebar. Go around the handlebar in such a way that it doesn't slide off and doesn't press on any of the cables. I was able to do it just fine. You don't need that expensive Canyon Dancer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:59:23 PM by OrangeSuper8 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()