Scooters - 125 to 300 > LIKE 200i

Accessing the brake fluid reservoir and headlight of a KYMCO LIKE 200i

(1/2) > >>

Stig / Major Tom:

READ PRECAUTIONS FOR HANDLING BRAKE FLUID - COVER PANELS WITH RAGS - DO NOT SPILL IT!!

You look at the sight window of your brake fluid reservoir, and see the fluid level is low - like this....(with a light, look in the plastic by your brake lever at the small metal box in there)
To top off your fluid or begin a brake fluid replacement you must access the fluid reservoirs.

1) Remove the mirrors

2) Remove the turn signal stalks. let hang by wires

3) remove these panels screws on each side

4) carefully pry up the front and squeeze down the rear half, to unsnap the clips, along the panel joint line to separate the 2 halves of the head stock

5) a screw on each side holds the headlight half of the panel - remove to uncover the reservoirs...

6) now you can open the brake fluid reservoirs. Use correct size screwdriver - do NOT strip the screw heads.

Do not let fluid level uncover the bottom drain hole!
Remove some of the old fluid and/or top up to fill line visible on reservoir side with DOT4 from a new bottle.

Or, begin your fluid replacement at the calipers ….see some youtubes  for this. I use a mighty vac.

Stig

Just a note. if you are doing a rear brake pad replacement on a LIKE200i , it is not necessary to remove the muffler. There IS room behind the muffler to loosen the caliper mounting bolts enough to remove the caliper. Apply some blue thread-lock when tightening.

HEADLIGHT bulb is behind the rubber cover. Remove rubber cover, unclip the bulb and replace

TBR125:
Great documentation.

CROSSBOLT:
Yes, Stig does QUALITY documentation with GREAT pictures! He will be the first choice for getting volunteered redoing Kymco service manuals! Just think how nice it would be to have his procedures for every model panel removal!

Iahawk:
nice write up, Stig! Do we blame Vespa for being the originators of hiding the brake fluid reservoir(s) behind the front cover?

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: Iahawk on May 12, 2020, 12:32:17 AM ---nice write up, Stig! Do we blame Vespa for being the originators of hiding the brake fluid reservoir(s) behind the front cover?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I sure wouldn't have objected to a couple plastic caps in the panel over the reservoirs!
I think I have seen that on some scooter.
Biggest pain for me is getting the mirrors  re-seated again with thread lock.
Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version