Scooters - 125 to 300 > LIKE 200i

LIKE running lights DIY pix

<< < (2/3) > >>

Duddy03:
Stig
Thanks for this posting.  It's time to give this project a try and add new LED bulbs but I need some clarification: Is there a need to install a new socket and wire to 12 volts for the new yellow location?  Or, are we activating an existing wire and socket which simply needs a bulb to function?  Or, are we actually relocating the existing socket and bulb to the new location?  In this case, the original running light would go dead?

Also, is the W3W LED bulb the LED version of a # 194, miniature wedge base incandescent bulb?  Thanks for your help.

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: Duddy03 on August 27, 2019, 02:56:27 PM ---Stig
Thanks for this posting.  It's time to give this project a try and add new LED bulbs but I need some clarification: Is there a need to install a new socket and wire to 12 volts for the new yellow location?  Or, are we activating an existing wire and socket which simply needs a bulb to function?  Or, are we actually relocating the existing socket and bulb to the new location?  In this case, the original running light would go dead?

Also, is the W3W LED bulb the LED version of a # 194, miniature wedge base incandescent bulb?  Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---
OK, I bet we're talking two different bulb positions on the front of the LIKE.
Coming from motorcycles - I am used to the signal pods. They've never bothered me.
LIKE owners have explored bringing alive the Euro turn-signal positions. I don't recall any DIY for doing so.

I am replacing the bulb in the lower running light position. The socket above, in the amber area, is the non-USA position for the turn indicators.
I'm not messing with that one. To do so would probably involve removing the front of the scooter and messing with the wiring.

I simply replaced the USA 'running light', down here....at the bottom of the fixture.

Bear in mind that there's only one LED bulb in there - the one on the left is its reflection.

This photo shows how much these amber LED lights project around the front of my scooter.

They make great running lights - but do not operate as a turn signal.
Stig

Duddy03:
Stig
Thanks for the clarification. . . I do get confused easily.   ;D

ScooterNinja:
I noticed that my running lights were out, and did this procedure. Turns out, the Molex connections weren't hooked up! They may have been disconnected by the shop when my hard-mounted GPS was installed. At any rate, I tried without success to remove the lower body panel to access the connector. Any suggestions? (The shop waived liability when I took it in for the install; they normally don't work on Kymcos.)

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: ScooterNinja on May 17, 2020, 11:38:21 PM ---I noticed that my running lights were out, and did this procedure. Turns out, the Molex connections weren't hooked up! They may have been disconnected by the shop when my hard-mounted GPS was installed. At any rate, I tried without success to remove the lower body panel to access the connector. Any suggestions? (The shop waived liability when I took it in for the install; they normally don't work on Kymcos.)

--- End quote ---

The www.cyclepedia.com manual indicates that the front fender must be removed in order to remove the lower front body panel.
The socket you might be looking for seems to be behind the main front panel.
If your shop was into that front panel - I would think that your labor fee would have been pricey?
The cyclepedia manual has pretty clear instructions and good color photos for panel removal on the LIKE.
Cyclepedia makes the KYMCO service manuals for KYMCO/USA.

Major Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version