Author Topic: Agility 125 (2013) Like New - Not running  (Read 472 times)

AndreSol

• View Profile
Agility 125 (2013) Like New - Not running
« on: November 28, 2022, 02:33:32 PM »
I bought a Kymco Agility 125 2013 model [new] in 2014. Have the papers, and keys. Only 20 miles on it. How much is this worth?

I never rode it and it stopped running from sitting too long. Any idea how much it will cost to get running again? Is it easy enough to fix myself if I were to study from a book/watch a video? I got a new battery for it.

Any idea what I should ask for it if I sold "as-is" with it looking new, having papers, and only 20 miles on it but its not running?
I'd rather sell it after repairing it but...Would it be cheaper to pay someone to fix it if they are not on the clock at a job-site?....Whats a good price to pay someone to fix it if it were only a days work? I can have a spare carb around if that'll help keep the cost down...I just really need to sell this and need some friendly advice as I have no one to turn to and thats how I got into this problem in the first place.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 125 (2013) Like New - Not running
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 02:57:25 PM »
Your final sentences are what convinced me to answer.

It will ALWAYS bring more money if it is running than if it is not. How much in either condition depends on the market where you attempt to sell it.

Personally, I would be more interested in buying any running machine than one for parts on a non-running machine. Even if I could only watch the owner ride around a parking lot.

You could just GIVE it to someone who seemed interested rather than go through the agony of trying to sell it. There is even some website (I think I have seen...) that looks for donated scooters.

Your choice.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 03:04:39 PM »
as far as getting it going, again...you'll need a new battery and a carb clean. If there is 8 yr old gas in the tank you'll want to get rid of that (siphon it out and pour it into your car). Tires will need to be aired up and you'll want to make sure the brakes (front hydraulic disc) are working properly.

It could be as simple as installing a new battery, adding fresh gas and firing it up!

(tons of youtube videos detailing how to clean a GY6 scooter carb...or CV carb).

For pricing, look at your local facebook marketplace listings for similar scooters. Keep us updated, I'd like to see how this works out!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Vision

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 01:19:00 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to get it running. Once running I'd start the bidding at $1,500 and see if you get any bites. Someone should snap it up for $1k-$500.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 05:02:38 PM »
@AndreSol, welcome here!
As Iahawk writes, could be an easy fix. Depending where you live, prices for shop hours will vary greatly. Try to get it going on your own if you are a little bit handy and have some tools.

Selling as it is might save you trouble but costs you $$. I would not pay more than €200,- to €300,- (Italy) for a non runner with docs, 'cause could be anything from cardinal failing to nitbit.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()