Author Topic: scooter shuts off while driving  (Read 2258 times)

ivan1950

• View Profile
scooter shuts off while driving
« on: June 10, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »
I'm having some problems with my agility. When there are two persons driving on it, it stalls and after couple second it shuts off completely. Scooter is behaving like he's running out of fuel but there is enough fuel in tank. I cleaned a carb and it didn't help, also changed a spark plug and tried to drive without a vacuum switch, or whatever it's called, which is connected after the tank and before the carb.
This winter this problem had gone and i thought it self repaired. But i was wrong. My money is on ignition system but i'd like to hear your thoughts and a few lines on how to test ignition system precisely what voltages do i need to get.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: scooter shuts off while driving
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:52:28 PM »
Start with the simple stuff first. You already ruled out the vacuum switch on the fuel. Go after the grounds that are supposed to be good. Start with the fat wire from the battery that should be grounded to the engine. There are other grounds usually to the frame with a strap or wire that goes between engine and frame. All these should be good, clean (no corrosion) and tight. You WILL have to remove some plastic to do this. Once you have done this and verified all grounds are good post with the results if you had to fix anything. Also post if this fixed the problem. We will be waiting with the next step if it did not fix the problem. DON'T BUY ANY PARTS UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IS BROKEN!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
Re: scooter shuts off while driving
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
I had a very similar problem I spent an entire season trying to solve. Replaced almost every system before the stalling finally went away.

The last thing I did that seems to have solved it is removed the emissions system and spent about $5 replacing all the vacuum lines.

Here is my thread about removing the system if you need it: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=13925.0
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()