Author Topic: Favorite motor oil for Agility 125  (Read 5777 times)

DCisDifferent

• View Profile
Favorite motor oil for Agility 125
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:02:05 PM »
Anyone have a favorite/ recommended motor oil, and while we're on the subject, transmission and brake fluid? 
Kymco Agility 125 | Malaguti Yesterday

emanuel_v19

• View Profile
Re: Favorite motor oil for Agility 125
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
I wish they had mobil 1 for oil. I would use that just cause i use it in my VW. Transmission i use Lucas. and ive never done a brake flush.

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
Insane that no one has really replied to this. I use Shell Rotella T. It's the best oil I've used, and it's economical, in my opinion. Why did I choose it? I did so based on the suggestions of others not only on KymcoForum.com, but other forums, as well.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:44:05 AM »
Before, I used Caltex Delo which is similar to Shell Rotella... very good oil with no issues...

Now, I use a Scooter specific JASO MB rated oil...

Gear oil - any good brand with the proper viscosity

Brake fluid - any good brand as long as it's DOT 4.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:46:49 AM by Vivo »

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »
Insane that no one has really replied to this. I use Shell Rotella T. It's the best oil I've used, and it's economical, in my opinion. Why did I choose it? I did so based on the suggestions of others not only on KymcoForum.com, but other forums, as well.

i also use this. i know some say don't as it has detergents that will clog the oil screen and accumulate in the engine. in this case i say clean the screen at your convenience. do not the detergents  help keep the engine clean?

i don't know but i do know the oil protects my engine under WOT at all times in very hot Socal weather, my scoot can max out at 70mph indicated (around 64mph) in that weather at times, and it does not burn one drop of oil between changes. that is good enough for me
scoots!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
High detergent is good.  Clog the oil screen? So, they would rather allow the sludge to accumulate in the engine to protect the screen?   :o ::) :o   Detergents remove the sludge and keep them in suspension until your next oil change.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »
Since I purchased my six months ago, my mechanic uses nothing but AMS synthetic oil for my bike. AMS has been around for a long time. I also like Mobil ! which is very good stuff. Either way, these two brands are wonderful. Lucas oil is another good I like as well.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

jaciche

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
How come you guys use shell rotella t? That's a diesel motor oil afterall. I went to wally world to buy rotella t, returned it after seeing it was diesel oil and just bought some conventional 10w-40 oil. Did I do alright? I just bought an agility 125 and want to change all the fluids right away to be safe.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 02:34:57 AM »
The thinking is that diesel engines put more strain on engine oil so that oil has to meet higher standards than gasoline engines. Anyway I use Shell Rotella T,  15W 40wt.
"Shell Rotella® T Triple Protection®, our premium heavy duty engine oil for increased protection and value, delivering extra wear-and-acid control." -  it has very good reputation and relatively inexpensive. I put Castrol AXLE LIMITED SLIP 80W-90
"Castrol Axle Limited Slip 80W-90 Gear Oil is a multi-grade gear lubricant that provides excellent performance in a manual transmission and differentials." - oil in the rear. Again a cost effective GL5 rating and good reputation.
Be sure not to over fill the engine with oil as this can cause major problems it takes less than a qt. I would not use any synthetic oils until well after break in mileage is completed.
2013 Agility 125 Blue

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
How come you guys use shell rotella t? That's a diesel motor oil afterall. I went to wally world to buy rotella t, returned it after seeing it was diesel oil and just bought some conventional 10w-40 oil. Did I do alright? I just bought an agility 125 and want to change all the fluids right away to be safe.

rotella gained a reputation in the bike world when motorcyclists started using it. these cyclists needed a cheap oil that would work well with their clutch / trans and not cause it to slip. using rotella did the trick and has been doing it since for many. and many even use it in conventional gasoline engines. family car, etc. folks swear by it because its inexpensive and effective. and i think it has now been "approved" for small gas engines (motorcycles)

both my Agility and Buddy call for 15w40 motor oil. rotella and others like it is 15w40. seems to do the trick
scoots!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 06:28:34 AM »
rotella gained a reputation in the bike world when motorcyclists started using it. these cyclists needed a cheap oil that would work well with their clutch / trans and not cause it to slip. using rotella did the trick and has been doing it since for many. and many even use it in conventional gasoline engines. family car, etc. folks swear by it because its inexpensive and effective. and i think it has now been "approved" for small gas engines (motorcycles)

both my Agility and Buddy call for 15w40 motor oil. rotella and others like it is 15w40. seems to do the trick

+ 1,000

soldout

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
For engine oil I like to use Mobil 1 full synthetic, gear oil is whatever my shop carries last time it was Bel Ray now they switched to smaller bottles of another brand, for brake fluid I dont know I havent done the brakes on any of my bikes yet.
12' Burgman 400 - Throttle Lock, Best Back Rest, Passenger Backrest, Ram Ball Mount
09' Agility 125 - Puig Touring Windscreen, Shad 29 , 12V Underseat, Taplights, Ram Ball Mount, City Grips
09' Metropolitan - 12v, Ram Ball Mount

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()