Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH SPARK UPGRADE SPARK PLUG  (Read 2900 times)

s37en

• View Profile
NEED HELP WITH SPARK UPGRADE SPARK PLUG
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »
Super 8 50cc 2t  2 stroke engine. Need help with finding a Performance Spark plug that fits this bike. Anyone have any lukc finding one? If so post here please.

i was looking at an NKG, but i dont know what one will fit, Much less if it will help. Ideas please..

s37en

juice

• View Profile
Re: NEED HELP WITH SPARK UPGRADE SPARK PLUG
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
NGK iridium . I use them in my people 50 2t , they run great and don't foul . I would not use anything else . Good luck .

s37en

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »
hey do you remember what model number the plugs you bought were? im having a hard time finding anything to match up

s37en

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:24 PM »
If you are using NGK just add an IE to the end of the part # . Also don,t gap the plug or be very careful the fine wire electrodes will be ruined if they bend . Good luck .

s37en

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »
is the engine on our scooters a "Minarelli" or what is the model number on that... sorry lots of questions. but it would help me out greatly.

s37en

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »
Super 8 50cc 2t  2 stroke engine. Need help with finding a Performance Spark plug that fits this bike. Anyone have any lukc finding one? If so post here please.

i was looking at an NKG, but i dont know what one will fit, Much less if it will help. Ideas please..

s37en

I think you're wanting an NGK C7HSA irridium plug for your bike - but what are you wanting it to help?  If you always ride it really hard you may want to go one colder, if you never run it really hard then you may want to run one hotter.  Here's a helpful page.

http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/_techtalk/00000005.htm
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

spidrgr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
Why a high performance plug? What is a high performance plug? someone says a high perf plug doesn foul as easily. A too warm or too cold reading on your plug is the result of carb setting. Adjust the carb, not the plug. A fouling plug, on a two stroke, is generally the result of too rich, in gas, carb setting, or too much oil in the gas. Once broken in, a two stroke, especially small ones, needs less oil. I used to run my old 2 stroke lawn boy with a 50:1 mix even though they recommended à 32:1 mix. Running this way, the little two stroker ran smoothly for 38 years. Never fouled a plug. In the end, a crankshaft oil seal gave out and it was the end of it. No lack of lubrication here. Back in the seventies, yeah i'm that old, my 125cc 2 stroke kawasaki used to foul plugs quite easily. Usually right after starting a cold engine while mixture was still rich. I leaned out the oil pump as much as I could. Plugs lasted much longer without fouling and the engine ran much smoother. The engine on that thing went for a good 20 000 miles before everything else broke on the bike. I think going to a ''high'' perf plug just bypasses the real problem. Fuel, air and oil mixture.

s37en

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
Wouldn't A high pref. plug bring about an faster ignition? thus bringing up the accel. and top speed? or am i just hoping and dreaming? rolling weights and tighter clutch springs i think are my best best for top end.

s37en

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
Wouldn't A high pref. plug bring about an faster ignition? thus bringing up the accel. and top speed? or am i just hoping and dreaming? rolling weights and tighter clutch springs i think are my best best for top end.

s37en

Hopes and dreams about the performance plug.  If it is burning clean then you won't gain anything with any plug.  The stock plugs can handle any ignition speed.  What you can get from a performance plug is better resistance to heat (not an issue on your bike), a different spark shape (not an issue in such a small cylinder).  If using a different plug made a noticeable difference - then Kymco and every other manufacturer would use that plug.

Different weights and springs can reproportion where the power is on your scooter.  I don't like to mess with them though because they can make it run either at a slightly higher RPM than normal or increase the load at the same RPM.  My preference is to make the bike a faster ride by making it handle better.  Better shocks, forks, breaks, fairing...  I also like to upgrade the lights and horn.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

s37en

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »
I found a CDI upgrade that says it fits... on this typwe of engine.

http://www.partsforscooters.com/50cc_Minarelli_cdi_169-117?sc=9&category=101707

What i foudn out when i took out my current CDI is that the two pink wires that are suppose to be the restriction were not there.....
does this mean the current CDI has no rev limit. or is it there just not with an easier way bypass?

would this CDI help. thoughts.

s37en

s37en

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
the cdi i have currently is KY-30410-JHB3-E10

ANY INFO ON DE=RESTRICT METHODS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()