Author Topic: stopped in a late animal ~ not good!  (Read 176 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
stopped in a late animal ~ not good!
« on: October 27, 2023, 09:23:10 PM »
Riding  this morning I had a new experience....
I was focused on Left turning cars in the rain and dark.
I braked gradually (thankfully!) to the stop bar in my lane as the light turned red.
I put my foot down and almost dropped my scooter when my foot shot forward in something very slippery.
I looked down to see that I was directly over a "late" something, furry and very much mashed. There were no bits sticking up that I might have spotted. It was all soup and a little furry bookmarker smeared forward - across the broad, painted, stop bar.
I re-positioned my boot and thought - "you better feather the throttle when pulling out of this stuff!"

I did - and still felt the rear slipping about in spite of my caution....and we're only talking about 11 hp!
When I arrived home I washed the scooter and my boot!

as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "it's always something!"

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: stopped in a late animal ~ not good!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 09:52:14 PM »
now that is a first for me...I've never had that experience or ever heard anyone else doing that! There are lots of dead animals on the road, it seems, and if it was dark and rainy I can see the challenge in seeing them. Glad you escaped relatively unscathed.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: stopped in a late animal ~ not good!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 09:18:57 AM »
Yeuch! Not a nice experience.  As Hawk said, glad it didn’t catch you out. I’ll stick with my wet leaves 🍁 🍂 problem thank you!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()