Author Topic: 2015 MXU 270 - TUTORIAL to remove Variator Spacer / Restrictor???  (Read 250 times)

TriChrome

• View Profile
TLDR: Is there a tutorial somewhere on removing the restrictor on a 2015 MXU 270 (USA model)?

Several people have mentioned a Kymco bulletin on how to remove the restrictor / variator spacer / factory speed limiter on the 2015 MXU 270... but my Google-Fu is failing me and I can't find it...

Also can't find a tutorial online, or a YouTube video or anything... no sticked post here either – searched the forum as well. Found a vid for a Mongoose (different model), and for newer (seems like 2017 was the redesign year?) models... but don't know if those are the same as this 2015. Only info I've found online is some people say you HAVE to order a new part... others say it's super easy and that you just "take CVT cover off, remove the outer sheave, and then take the two metal spacers out from between the sheaves" (that's literally the only directions I've found online... but I don't even know what a sheave is lol... or if there's only two metal spacers (people mention being three in another post... so which to remove?).

...anyway, just seeing if there's a guide with detailed instructions so a layman can do this mod.

Also wanted to ask: how do I tell if the ATV already has this mod done or not? Some say it won't go beyond 15 mph? others say 20? is the tell-tale that the restrictor is still installed? Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:39:35 PM by TriChrome »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()