Author Topic: In need of wisdom MXU150  (Read 366 times)

scubamick

• View Profile
In need of wisdom MXU150
« on: September 03, 2023, 06:26:09 AM »
Hi all,

im struggling with a MXU150 which is causing all kinds of head aches.
its a 2020 bike 9000km from new its had all oils changed regular it had new plug, new fuel filter , new light controller, new gear change switch, new gear controller.
the issue is first it will only start on the kick and sometimes it will not even press down. if the electric starter is used it just turns over, the carb has been cleaned several times and the jets (The idol jet (smallone) had a little blockage but was cleaned out.
second when it runs it can be fine the all of a sudden just cuts out with out warning and then it will not start by either kick or starter, if left for 20 mins or so it sometimes can be kicked started but will take over 10 tries.
any help would be awesome as on a island with out much help..

what has been done i have swooped with a working quad to check the parts ,and they work fine in the other quad , Coil, cdi module, full wire loom taken out inspected and then changed over, battery And charged holding 12.78volts
The only thing was the light module blow a hole in it andand we can only get 45/45 bulbs not 35/35 ok it 20 watts but should not make a difference.

The only difference i can see is that the spark is not as bright and strong  as the working bike but still blue not yellow.
not had chance to check compression as no tester and not had chance to check valve clearance but dont want TO RIP IN to the  ENGINE if i dont have too due to not having much resources on the island.

thanks in advance for any help.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()