Author Topic: MXU 450i won't start  (Read 590 times)

nandeotifur

• View Profile
MXU 450i won't start
« on: June 09, 2023, 02:09:37 AM »
Having issues with the mxu 450i series. The unit has sat for about a year after having issues with it stalling. We are currently trying to diagnose the issue. We recently replaced the battery as attempting to start it we realized the original battery was not holding a charge. We have put new fuel in the tank, verified that the fuel pump is initializing and pumping, the fuel injector is spraying, and we have verified spark and compression. The spark plug is a little dark, but don't know if it is actually fouled.

When attempting to start it, it turns over but never truly starts, just cranks. Any suggestions?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: MXU 450i won't start
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 04:22:48 PM »
Make sure battery reads 12.6 volts or higher !!  Get a new plug!  Check compression to be sure engine is healthy..if compression is good, spark is good and fuel is good, it will run!  Check to be sure spark is blue (hot)  if yellow then spark is weak.  Plug wire should jump a 3/16" gap with ease..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: MXU 450i won't start
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »
"KILL" switch, on or off?

I've done it.....my scoot will do everything ....but start - with the kill switch in the kill position. It is a real fooler - seems like it wants to start.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()